UKC

speed record on tower ridge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 droberts 22 Oct 2014
Hi folks,

I'm thinking of attempting a solo speed record on tower ridge. Does anybody know of previous attempts or if it's even Been attempted before?

Cheers
 Bob 22 Oct 2014
In reply to droberts:

I don't know if anyone has explicitly set out to do so but in the 1980s I hitched up from the Lakes, soloed TR in 75mins and hitched back. I thought I was quick but in the new routes book in Nevis Sport someone had recorded a time of 45 minutes so I was some way off the pace (story of my life!)
 planetmarshall 22 Oct 2014
In reply to Bob:

Winter or Summer?
 Sherlock 22 Oct 2014
In reply to Bob:

Blimey,they were quick lifts Bob!
 Bob 22 Oct 2014
In reply to Sherlock:

Yea, a few points gained no doubt

To planetmarshall:

Sorry, meant to say it was winter, not done it in summer.
OP droberts 22 Oct 2014
In reply to planetmarshall:

Sorry meant to put summer
 Michael Hood 22 Oct 2014
In reply to Bob:
I think that the managing to hitch there and back in a day is more impressive than the climbing.

To OP - I would guess that a certain Mr Steck (or Mr Journet?) would manage it in under 15mins in summer.
Post edited at 11:05
 Bob 22 Oct 2014
In reply to Michael Hood:

Wasn't quite a day - set off at 5pm on the Friday, got to Fort William about 11pm; kipped out near the distillery (you could in those days); up to the north face; did TR & down No.4 Gully; I was going to do NE Buttress as well but my boots were hurting so back down to FW; something to eat in Nevis Sport (hence knowing about the 45min time); started hitching back, got to the services just south of Glasgow by about 7pm, dossed there and was home by about 11am Sunday morning.
 Offwidth 22 Oct 2014
In reply to droberts:

Some climbers have virtually run up this. If you're not a top class fell funner and climber dont bother.
MattDTC 22 Oct 2014
In reply to Offwidth:

I'd like to be a top class fell funner.
 Aigen 22 Oct 2014
In reply to droberts:

It would have to be from CIC too Summit.
 RBK 22 Oct 2014
In reply to Aigen:

North face car park to the summit is the proper version
 Ramblin dave 22 Oct 2014
In reply to MattDTC:

> I'd like to be a top class fell funner.

The best funner is the one having the most climb.
OP droberts 22 Oct 2014
In reply to Michael Hood:

Yeah I wasn't sure if Mr steck had attempted it but going to give it a go in the next week or so try and break 20mins.

CIC hut to the summit it is.

abseil 22 Oct 2014
In reply to Ramblin dave:

I was having fun. Then I fell.
 Offwidth 22 Oct 2014
In reply to MattDTC:
My apologies, except for the fact its a beautifully 'run' typo. I blame tablet use and fading eyesight.
Post edited at 21:48
 Morgan Woods 22 Oct 2014
In reply to RBK:

> North face car park to the summit is the proper version

For some reason I thought when people talked about the North Face car park it must be sponsored by the clothing brand....penny just dropped it's just the location....err thanks :o
 Albert Tatlock 22 Oct 2014
In reply to droberts

Sir

Like to see Mr Steck consume 10 pints of McEwans, a Haggis supper in Fort Bill and do TR in 20 minutes the following morning.

Mr Tatlock
 Liam Brown 22 Oct 2014
In reply to droberts:

Doesn't Blair Fyffe hold this?
 Wee Davie 22 Oct 2014
In reply to droberts:

I have to refer you to the holder of most of the Scottish Mountain Speed records- Mountain God Andrew. Google and ye shall find.
 wilkie14c 23 Oct 2014
In reply to droberts:

I did it on me bike in summer in just over 60 mins. I got a flattie on the eastern traverse and this slowed me down somewhat
graham F 23 Oct 2014
In reply to Morgan Woods:

You were right - The North Face put up some of the cash for building the car park in 2003.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...