UKC

Dragons Back Race 2015

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Moley 22 Oct 2014
Has anyone got a place on the initial entry list, or marshalling even?

https://www.sientries.co.uk/list.php?event_id=1034

I know a few of the names, mainly from 2012, but not many. I somehow expected Jez to target this, has to be up there as a favourite.
 Tim Sparrow 22 Oct 2014
In reply to Moley:

Initially the date for this was to be summer half term. I was so sad when the date came out differently. Or do I mean mightily relieved?!
 mountainbagger 22 Oct 2014
In reply to Moley:
I recognise some names from this year's Spine race, including the winner, Pavel Paloncy, who might be one of the favourites too I guess.
Post edited at 21:10
Moley 22 Oct 2014
In reply to Tim Sparrow:

> Initially the date for this was to be summer half term. I was so sad when the date came out differently. Or do I mean mightily relieved?!

Of course you are relieved Tim, far too much pain involved!!

I turned down my place, can't get myself dedicated enough anymore, lucky as I've been out with a knackered knee for 6 weeks and another month to go, at least. Paul also turned his place down but we all hope to be marshalling like 2012, + hopefully Caz so there will be a good Welsh contingent for the week.

Good luck on the OMM, take it you've found someone small for the tent ?
 Banned User 77 03 Nov 2014
In reply to Moley:

Don't recognise many..

Charlie Sharpe and Jez will be the two main ones.. I'm not sure Pavel will be, this is different to a non-stop race.

I'd actually fancy Jasmin Paris to be right up there.. Proper fell terrain for much of it..
Moley 06 Nov 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

I don't know anything about Pavel, other than a good Spine race. As you say 5 consecutive days are different to a single big effort. We know Jez has good form over rough ground, day after day as he did on his Te Araroa and for navigating his way. These are both things to consider for any competitor. After day 3 there is more runnable terrain - if you have the energy left!

I guess Charlie is the Charlie that was marshalling with us last year, not sure? Nice guy and we had some laughs - never seen anyone consume as much food as him, unbelievable quantities.
 Banned User 77 06 Nov 2014
In reply to Moley:

Charlie was 2nd I think at the lakeland 100, behind Marco C..

Don't really know him but seems like some one on the upward curve in ultra running..

Moley 07 Nov 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

Fair play to him, he must have worked damn hard in the last couple of years, he also knows what is coming on the DB regards the terrain but also the logistics, food, layout and organisation. Being comfortable with all that before the start will be a plus.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...