UKC

Holcombe quarries

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 leeangell 23 Oct 2014
 BALD EAGLE 24 Oct 2014
In reply to leeangell:

Blimey the holiday park scheme has been talked about for years but it looks like it is finally going to happen next year. From a selfish "climbing point of view" it is a bit of a shame as there are some nice routes in both Holcombe Quarries, but hey ho c'est la vie! Glad I paid a visit a couple of months back and will try and fit in another before the quarry is redeveloped...
 The Pylon King 24 Oct 2014
In reply to leeangell:

Well thats one less crag to worry about for the new Mendip guide :/
 The Ivanator 24 Oct 2014
In reply to leeangell:

The article mentions and pictures Cookswood quarry (the wet one) does this mean that Bector Wood will be unaffected? Anyone know when the work is scheduled to start?
In reply to The Ivanator:

The article linked to says it's "hoped" to start next year. But getting planning permission is one thing, starting a £45m project another. So, I'd say it's far from certain whether it'll go ahead.
 deepstar 24 Oct 2014
In reply to The Ivanator:

> The article mentions and pictures Cookswood quarry (the wet one) does this mean that Bector Wood will be unaffected?

If you look at the picture in the article it certainly looks like Bector Wood will be part of the project.
OP leeangell 26 Oct 2014
In reply to deepstar:
I think Bector wood will be in the main, car parking.
I live in Leigh on Mendip and this is my "stop off on the way home from work quarry", lucky we're blessed with lots of other climbing locally, but it's a shame to lose one.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...