UKC

New toy.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 d_b 27 Oct 2014

I just got a battery grip for my D7000. An unofficial knockoff made my Mieke, about 30 quid and a 5 week wait from amazon.

So now I need to take my tent into the hills and do some absurdly long exposures and/or time lapse.

Post edited at 11:24
 rallymania 27 Oct 2014
In reply to davidbeynon:

yeah, have the similar thing for my dslr (canon 600d)

one of the best things about them (battery grips) is you can change the batteries whilst the camera is on the tripod. (plus all the additional advantages)

OP d_b 27 Oct 2014
In reply to rallymania:

I take it you leave the standard battery in, and the cam will draw from that instead of the grip when you are swapping over?
 rallymania 27 Oct 2014
In reply to davidbeynon:

not on the grip i have, the grip plugs into the battery compartment and then 2 batteries go onto a tray inside the grip. the camera will run fine on one battery in the grip so you shut down swop the batteries over and slot it back in, a process that can take as little as 10 seconds with practice. assuming you have more batteries available.

without the grip you need to take the camera off the tripod, change the battery and then remount on the tripod. while i think you can do that fairly quickly, you'd need to do that roughly twice as often (because the grip holds two batteries)

if you are doing very long time lapses it should be possible to swop battieres without most people noticing in the end result.
OP d_b 27 Oct 2014
In reply to rallymania:

gotcha.

I know what you mean about getting away with missing a frame. I had to do a couple of edits in my last time lapse, and they really aren't visible even though I know exactly where to look.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...