UKC

underwear

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 keepguessing 27 Oct 2014

Good underwear is stupidly expensive even the more reasonable brands still price at least £20 for some synthetic underwear i have a single pair of arc'teryx boxers (more like boxer briefs) they are fantastic and comfortably worn them for 4 days straight (in the mountain) but they are ridiculously expensive, any body have any cheap brands for synthetic underwear?
Post edited at 19:16
 PPP 27 Oct 2014
In reply to sebflynn:

Decathlon does some:
http://www.kalenji-running.com/en-GB/essential-boxer-x2-grey-blue-76733

Got four in total, had no problems with smell. They dry very quickly and supports what is needed to be supported while running, climbing, etc. well.
 Clarkey77 27 Oct 2014
In reply to sebflynn:

Do you really need any more if you already have one pair? How often do you need to change on a exped? And if you're staying somewhere civilised you can get into normal grundies when you shower post hill, and then give them a hand wash and presto, dry by morning!

OP keepguessing 27 Oct 2014
In reply to PPP:

that seam dosn't look inviting
 crimbo 27 Oct 2014
In reply to sebflynn:

keep an eye out for Rohan sales or checkout the rohan souk(their sale area).
A couple of years ago I bought 4 pairs of silver lined boxers for £20. They're a terrible colour but are still great amn comfy. They do male and female versions.
In reply to sebflynn: You can buy good synthetic underwear from a few normal clothes shops although they are surprisingly hard to find.

Try Marks and Spencer. I use Autograph briefs (92% polyamide 8% lycra) from M&S which are good. They are 2-3 times the price of basic cotton underwear but are still 2-3 times cheaper than the branded outdoor specific ones.

They are probably not as good for wearing constantly on a multiday trip as some of the very expensive Merino based ones but they are a massive step up from normal cotton underwear for outdoor use day in, day out.

HTH
 PPP 27 Oct 2014
In reply to sebflynn:

Which one? All of them are flat seams, so doesn't rub at all. They are also rather tight fitting (at least for me), so that reduces a chance of rubbing as well.
 Skol 27 Oct 2014
In reply to sebflynn:
Swimming trunks are fine.
 Dark-Cloud 27 Oct 2014
In reply to sebflynn:

Figleaves Tech Sport long are good, worn them for skiing and running for years now,, very comfortable, 2 pairs for £22, not mega cheap but better than £20 for one pair.......

M&S used to do some sport ones too in coolmax while were cheap, not checked there for a while though.
Removed User 27 Oct 2014
In reply to sebflynn:
Get some Decathlom don't mess with chain stores

LastBoyScout 27 Oct 2014
In reply to sebflynn:

I have a few pairs of CK X-micro boxers that are very good (red X - not to be confused with the cotton blue X ones) - used to be available at bargain bin prices from TK Maxx.
 Gudge 28 Oct 2014
In reply to sebflynn:

+1 for the M & S Autograph ones.
 SteveD 29 Oct 2014
In reply to sebflynn:

http://www.mypakage.com/#3 are the most comfortable IMO, not cheap and not easy to get hold of, but keep everything in the right place!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...