UKC

recommend me a cheap last minute climbing holiday please! :)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
As above! Just found out my significant other has a new job, starting 17th of November, I'm launching the new business and it looks like we're both going to be very busy for the next couple of years after, so last chance to get away for a bit.

Must be cheap as we've eaten the majority of our savings over the last couple of months.
Would like there to be some easyish climbing, sport, bouldering or trad all of interest. Preferably stuff that shines in the lower grades around VS-HVS and equivalent as we're far from on form.

We're based in Fort William, so please don't suggest that as we know what the weather's like!

Cheers,
Oliver.

philipivan 28 Oct 2014
Obvious choice would be a trip to the Orange House (costa blanca) or Olive Branch (el chorro), Blanca probably better for the grades you are on. Alternatively with the recent weather a trip to Devon/Cornwall/Portland might be a nice change from the Fort.

In reply to 65m moderate millington:

GrahamD 28 Oct 2014

Costa blanca is an obvious choice - except you will need car hire. Low cost out of season holiday accommodation in eg Calpe or Benidorm will likely be cheaper than Orange House
In reply to philipivan:

Cheers, think we're going to go with the cornwall idea, gives us a bit more freedom to decide when we're out, seeing as there's plenty of climbing between the Fort & Lands End...
 d_b 29 Oct 2014
If you need to borrow some guidebooks give me a shout. I work pretty close to the M5, so you can pick them up and drop them off on the way through.

If you want to save money and camp then the camp site at St. Buryan is good value. Decent pub in the village too. Another worth looking at is in St Just.
Post edited at 14:04

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...