UKC

Deuter Guide 45 advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Oscar 29 Oct 2014
What are people's views on the Deuter Guide 45 pack for winter?
Any suggestions for a comparable pack appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
In reply to Oscar:

Really great bag!! Loads of space and pretty versatile. Only bad points are the plastic draw strings toggles broke pretty quickly but they can be replaced cheaply!

Sam
 Gazlynn 30 Oct 2014
In reply to Oscar:

A bombproof comfy bag. Seems to get more comfortable the more you put in it. Quite heavy though.

Cheers

Gaz
 Marq 30 Oct 2014
In reply to Oscar:

Draw string toggles on my Guide 35+ are breaking at a reasonable rate as well! Feedback to Deuter required?

Marq
 PPP 30 Oct 2014
In reply to Oscar:

Deuter sacks seem to be great and I wanted one as well, but Lowe Alpine Mountain Attack 35:45 and 45:55 are £52 and £55 each respectively. Worth taking a look maybe? http://www.rockrun.com/deals/rucksacks?dir=asc&limit=all&order=name

I've got 45:55 one, it feels great as I already had few Lowe Alpine goods and never had any troubles.
 Neil Pratt 30 Oct 2014
In reply to Oscar:

I tried the 45+ Guide for a while, but ditched it in favour of the LA Alpine Attack - I found the Deuter quite tall and narrow, so fitting stuff in could be a bit of a pain. The LA bag is shorter and has a bigger radius, which I really like, but I can imagine that someone with a slight build and narrower shoulders than me might possibly find it a bit bulky for climbing with.

In terms of durability, the Lowe Alpine is more than 12 years old now and still going strong, despite getting fairly hard use in summer and winter.
 iksander 30 Oct 2014
In reply to Oscar:

Heavy, but comfy and pretty tough. I managed to pop the stitching on the top pocket by over stuffing/ straining. The Mountain Boot Co (UK distributors) were great and replaced it no worries.

I'd go for a Lomo next time http://www.ewetsuits.com/acatalog/walkers-drybag-rucksack.html
 JonLongshanks 30 Oct 2014
In reply to Oscar:

Use the bag all the time. Find the 45l version a great size for winter and cragging too. Really like the tall and narrow profile of the bag, also climbs brilliantly!
In reply to Oscar:

I have had the Podsac Alpine 40 for about 6 months now and really rate it

I know a few people have had problems with Podsac's and my service wasn't great but got there in the end.

Worth checking out!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...