UKC

Live, Die, Repeat

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Well, what a pleasant surprise. I totally ignored this film for ages thinking it was going to be another glitsy but hollow, special effects extravaganza. I read a few reviews on rotten tomatoes and persuaded myself to give it a go. Clever, funny, poignant and a great performance from TC. 3 out of 4.
 Blue Straggler 31 Oct 2014
In reply to Johnny_Grunwald:

Have they changed the title for the DVD then?
 Offwidth 31 Oct 2014
In reply to Blue Straggler:

I thought it was a clever name for a sequel.
In reply to Offwidth:

It was the tagline to the film! They never lift a tagline and use it as the name for a sequel (nor do they spunk out rush-job straight-to-DVD sequels to Tom Cruise blockbusters....or do they???)

> Have they changed the title for the DVD then?

Did you know which film I was talking about?
Yes but only because I have seen it and am a bit of film geek and know the tagline (and have seen the DVD in the shops which does seem to emphasise "Live. Die. Repeat" massively, at the expense of the actual title)
Post edited at 22:42

The re-working of the storyline from Groundhog Day?

Yes it was okay but only 5 out of 10, hardly a 7.5
 Blue Straggler 01 Nov 2014
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

> The re-working of the storyline from Groundhog Day?

Did you think Groundhog Day was a totally new and original concept in 1993?

Timmd 01 Nov 2014

I'd imagine it's a theme which has been revisited in literature and films over the years.

With some revisits being more creative than what went before...
In reply to Timmd:

> I'd imagine it's a theme which has been revisited in literature and films over the years.

Of course it is! I first encountered it in a wonderful short film approximately 3 years before Groundhog Day, and I'm sure sci-fi authors were playing with it in the 1950s (and at a stretch I bet someone can cite an "ancient" philosopher....)

So to slate one film for "rehashing" an idea from a film that was hardly original in its concept, is plain daft

> So to slate one film for "rehashing" an idea from a film that was hardly original in its concept, is plain daft

Except I didn't

buzby 01 Nov 2014

yeah I was pleasantly surprised, I had also avoided watching it till the other night when my boy put it on. better than I had expected and worth a watch.
 Duncan Bourne 01 Nov 2014

I enjoyed it too
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

> Except I didn't

Nor did I accuse you of doing so.
 Offwidth 02 Nov 2014

Sure, Im aware of that now but I wasnt paying attention if I saw any advertising.
 Blue Straggler 03 Nov 2014

I love it that nobody has named the film yet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...