UKC

FRI NIGHT VID - Marmot PROs Steve McClure and Leah Crane

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 31 Oct 2014
Marmot athletes Steve McClure and Leah Crane, 3 kbThe first episode in a three-part series with Marmot PROs Steve McClure and Leah Crane. In this episode, we look at one of Steve's favourite early hard trad repeats, **The Mau Mau, E4 6a** in the Dinorwig Slate mines close to Llanberis. The area is steeped in heritage and culture and also presents a unique climbing style that is justifiably notorious and globally famous.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=69271
In reply to UKC News:

Nice one Leah... slate.
 Dave Musgrove 31 Oct 2014
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

I've just purchased several tickets for films and lectures at Kendal but now realise I won't be able to stay on Saturday night for the Steve McClure lecture (6pm to 7.30pm on Sat 22nd) If anyone wants to make me a reasonable offer I have 2 tickets (full price £12.50 each) for this event. Send me a direct email to arrange.

Dave
 mark catcher 31 Oct 2014
In reply to UKC News:

How refreshing, Leah's honesty is inspiring. One of the best vids for a while.

Mr Fuller 31 Oct 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Really enjoyed that. I'd always assumed it was always abject punters like myself who were scared of falling so it's nice to hear it affects those climbing harder grades too. If, in your head, falling isn't an option, then it does put a ceiling on your climbing that's sometimes frustrating.
 James Oswald 01 Nov 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Excellent video.
 Yanis Nayu 01 Nov 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Enjoyed that)
 Mike_Hayes 02 Nov 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Nice one Leah Tron
- BGM
In reply to UKC News:

Yep nice to hear an honest account. Thanks, Leah.
 Rachel Slater 03 Nov 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Great video. I can really relate to Leah's thoughts on falling on trad. Also brings back good memories of The Mau Mau and the way you really have to go for it on the upper section.
 Blake 04 Nov 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Love that pic of big Jim Jewell in the Paul Williams guide - big Jim vs The Mau Mau: no contest!
 Scott Quinn 04 Nov 2014
In reply to Blake:

I love that picture too, infact it almost put me off the lead! Anyone got that picture knocking about?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...