UKC

insurance for the season

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 newtonmore 02 Nov 2014
So i am moving to Tignes for the winter, and i am looking to get insurance for climbing and skiing, has any one got any advice on who to go for. I have already looked at the bmc, and i got a quote for £400, which seamed very expensive, or is this just normal.
 earlsdonwhu 02 Nov 2014
In reply to newtonmore:

Check out Austrian Alpine Club insurance. It goes with the membership so you get reciprocal rights too.

Obviously, you need to be clear about exactly what you want/need covering.
 imkevinmc 02 Nov 2014
In reply to newtonmore:

What cover are you taking. Annual travel insurance generally covers multiple trips of limited length. If you are spending a long continuous period away, you need to look at an alternative form of cover.
 jonnie3430 02 Nov 2014
In reply to newtonmore:

Ask Emily Roo off this lot, she has good things to say about french alpine club.
 Siobhan Miller 04 Nov 2014
In reply to newtonmore:
I'm having the same issue at the moment, my friend and i will be out working in Val d'Isere and want ski touring / mountaineering cover for approx 5 months. The AAC are really good but i think they have a single trip limit of up to 90 days, a friend has just told me that you can extend your rescue cover for an unlimited time if you register your address in France with them - am going to give them a ring tomorrow. Have looked into Dog Tag too, they are considerably cheaper than BMC but not sure about their policy wording. Will up date you when i find out more!
 Siobhan Miller 08 Nov 2014
In reply to newtonmore:

Hey, we've sorted our insurance now and got it through these guys for around £200. Good luck and have fun!

https://partner.eti-insurance.com/b2c/index.aspx?id=170-3961CF563048E98A2BE...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...