UKC

Thinking of going back to film

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sean Kelly 02 Nov 2014
With over 45+ years of photography in the bank, I was one of those who promptly switched to digital when it first appeared in the late 90's as I could see a lot of benefits and little downside. But now after going through 3 digital SLR's is it appropriate to return to film? There is something about film that has its own unique quality and magic, the sound of film transported in the camera, processing the film by your own processing recipe, the control over contrast with filters or paper grades, that singular quality of film grain, etc, etc.
I'm essentially talking mono and tinted images, aand printing big, very big. Somehow viewing images on a small screen just doesn't cut the mustard.
But here's the real attraction...wait for it. I can get a top of the range Nikon F6 for £600-£800. So how good is this camera. Well don't take my word for it but read what Ken Rockwell has to say. Simply the best film SLR camera ever....!
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/f6.htm#intro
So now I have to go into a dark room and wait until the feeling goes away...
 Tall Clare 02 Nov 2014
In reply to Sean Kelly:

> So now I have to go into a dark room and wait until the feeling goes away...

I see what you did there - and I like it

sbc_10 02 Nov 2014
In reply to Sean Kelly:

You don't want an Olympus OM-2 spot do you by any chance ?
"best film camera ever ... to be called an OM-2 spot......" says me.
Found my old one in packing case in the loft the other day. Hate to throw it out, but what can I do with it?

Anybody???
 Tall Clare 02 Nov 2014
In reply to sbc_10:

I'd say I was interested but I already have enough film SLRs. I'm currently hankering after a Bronica 120 SLR...
 dek 02 Nov 2014
In reply to Tall Clare:

> I'd say I was interested but I already have enough film SLRs. I'm currently hankering after a Bronica 120 SLR...

Good choice! I had one when I did a college course, IQ is as good as hasselblad, can't believe how cheap they go for nowadays?!
 IM 02 Nov 2014
In reply to sbc_10:

yhm..
 dek 03 Nov 2014

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...