UKC

Word for ipad

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 spider27 02 Nov 2014
Just got an iPad mini and wondered what's the best (cheapest) way of getting word and excel.
 JamButty 02 Nov 2014
In reply to spider27:

Dont have the answer but hopefully someone will. Just got Microsoft 365 which apparently works with Macbooks, but not Ipads as I wrongly assumed.
 Neil Williams 02 Nov 2014
 The Lemming 02 Nov 2014
In reply to spider27:

Can you get Kingsoft for apple stuff?
 JamButty 02 Nov 2014
In reply to Neil Williams:

> Erm, it does work with iPads. Info here.

> Neil

Ooh thanks for that. I tried it via the office website link and it failed, but this suggests get the Apps first then use the keycode. I'll try again!!
Spider27 here's one answer for you then as long as you have a multi use Office then it would in theory be free!!
OP spider27 02 Nov 2014
In reply to JamButty:

Thanks
 Only a hill 02 Nov 2014
In reply to spider27:

Microsoft Word for iPad requires an Office 365 account but is actually a superb app, and includes many of the features of the desktop version (including advanced features like track changes etc). In my experience the free alternatives are mainly rubbish for anything more than casual use.
 Neil Williams 02 Nov 2014
In reply to Only a hill:

Though IMO if you're going to do much productivity work on an iPad you'd be better buying a cheaper tablet for media consumption plus a laptop.

Though as I've said before I guess your application is a bit different because you're writing fiction (very good fiction, I must say), which doesn't require as much research or jumping around between tasks as writing a technical document or similar.

Neil
 Only a hill 02 Nov 2014
In reply to Neil Williams:

> Though IMO if you're going to do much productivity work on an iPad you'd be better buying a cheaper tablet for media consumption plus a laptop.

> Though as I've said before I guess your application is a bit different because you're writing fiction (very good fiction, I must say), which doesn't require as much research or jumping around between tasks as writing a technical document or similar.

Thanks I must admit, since becoming an editor I've come round to that point of view. I can comfortably *write* on a tablet but editing is another matter. A MacBook Air is now my portable of choice because it can do 100% of the work I need very well, rather than 80% of it reasonably well.
 Ian Carr 02 Nov 2014
In reply to Only a hill:

I use "Quick Office Pro" seems to work fine.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...