UKC

Rab Stretch Neo pants - ankles: gaiters, bootstraps?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 iksander 03 Nov 2014
I'm scheming on some Rab Stretch Neo pants. Anyone know if they have internal gaiters or other means of cinching down on your boots? I prefer not to wear gaiters. Cheers
 nathan79 03 Nov 2014
In reply to iksander:

No internal gaiters. They do have eyelets for attaching paracord or the like.
 dek 03 Nov 2014
In reply to iksander:
Good test reports on the Cold Thistle blog.
OP iksander 03 Nov 2014
In reply to dek:

Thanks guys, read the coldthistle post and also UKC report which suggested that they are too narrow for ski boots - hopefully that means they're snug enough on climbing boots to keep snow out.
 dek 03 Nov 2014
In reply to iksander:
They do sound incredibly 'breathable' but possibly not terribly robust according to some user feedback?
 BnB 03 Nov 2014
In reply to iksander:
HI

I bought a pair half price recently. They are comfortable enough to wear all day without thermals or a liner. I've been doing just that on an unseasonably warm and typically wet Skye this past week. The stretch is really impressive and the breathability is an improvement on goretex. No there is no internal gaiter and the shock cord eyelets work well to hold the trous down over the boot but with thin cord only as the holes are tiny (though you could put rings through the grommets and fix thicker cord to those).

I doubt they will stand up to my clumsy crampon technique and Rab seems to have recognised as much in redesigning them with sturdier face fabrics for the new season, but for under £100 plus a roll of duct tape they'll do me for this winter season
Post edited at 10:45
 nathan79 03 Nov 2014
In reply to iksander:

The breathability is fantastic and they are very comfy just to wear as a normal trouser/pant.

Regarding the durability, mine have been fine but there is evidence of wear where my thighs have been rubbing.

I got mine for 90quid, too cheap to pay full price.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...