UKC

Repairing Kendrick traction splint

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 splat2million 03 Nov 2014
During a demonstration at the weekend, I managed to break my Kendrick traction splint. One of the poles is snapped.
I have removed the pole from the splint and the rest is undamaged but is a bit short now.
I know these are popular in MR, so does anyone know where I can get a replacement pole or have another broken one they'd be willing to let me have for cheap / a MRT donation to harvest for the part?
 Firestarter 04 Nov 2014
In reply to splat2million:
http://medtree.co.uk/?route=product%2Fsearch&keyword=kendrick+replacement+parts&category_id=0

This is the closest I can get to a UK supplier for spares for a KTD. Probably not much use, sorry, but it might be a starting point for you.

Post edited at 18:49
OP splat2million 04 Nov 2014
In reply to Firestarter:

Yeah the medtree website had every other part spare but not the poles. How frustrating!
There are a couple of US sites that sell spare poles but will cost tons in customs charges.
I fear it may be a lost cause - maybe I'll just have to buy another one and keep it until I break that one.
Thanks anyway!
 Firestarter 04 Nov 2014
In reply to splat2million:

Yeah I saw those -$19 for the pole but who knows what in shipping etc. Maybe call medtree? If not, ebay are selling full splints, but not the cheapest way to do it. I'll ask around - know a few people who carry them.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...