UKC

NEWS: Redemption: The James Pearson Story Film Teaser

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 06 Nov 2014
James Pearson climbing Rhapsody, E11 7a, 5 kbHot Aches Productions are due to premiere their latest film Redemption: The James Pearson Story at Kendal Mountain Festival on Friday 21st November. A teaser has been released today.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=69287
 Hamfunk 06 Nov 2014
In reply to UKC News:

This should be good. Lovely slo-mo at the end.
 Michael Hood 06 Nov 2014
In reply to Hamfunk: Also like the slo-mo of the chalk swirling around the handhold.

planetmarshall 06 Nov 2014
In reply to Michael Hood:

It'll be amazing to see what drone photography will bring to outdoor films over the next few years.
 Michael Hood 06 Nov 2014
In reply to planetmarshall: video selfies of doing a burglary?

The Pylon King 06 Nov 2014
In reply to UKC News:

That does look good. I hope there will be some Gabba on the soundtrack.
 James Rushforth Global Crag Moderator 07 Nov 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Fantastic trailer.
 cankerblossom 29 Nov 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Slightly disappointed with paying for this film which felt more like an advert. I really respect the story and honesty but I would have preferred more climbing footage of routes. Maybe I am being harsh as we can probably all learn from some of the issues raised. What footage is there is really good and well done to James.
 Tom F Harding 29 Nov 2014
In reply to cankerblossom:

Well just finished watching the film and it was a bit disappointing really. I will echo the poster above in saying there is not a huge amount of new footage. Much of what you see has appeared in other films over the years and the majority of the new stuff seems to be (long) face to face interviews. Where were the hard Pembroke climbs for example? Even the final repeat of Rhapsody is not covered in its entirety and although there are a few interesting drone shots in there, it is not of the same quality as E11. You simply don't appreciate the difficulty of the route in the same way E11 perfectly captured. I don't think it has much of a re-watch value and at £15 for just the download (!) I'm not sure it was really worth it. Hot aches have a lot to live up to with the Committed series, E11, Long Hope and Wide Boyz films but this time personally I don't think they quite got it right.
 planetmarshall 29 Nov 2014
In reply to Tom F Harding:

I paid £10 for the download - who charged you £15 for it?
 cankerblossom 30 Nov 2014
In reply to planetmarshall:

I paid £7. Who charged you £10?
 Puppythedog 30 Nov 2014
In reply to UKC News:

I really enjoyed the story, I'm glad it was only $10, a lot of the footage I aleady own. I appreciate the story but expect more original footage.
 planetmarshall 30 Nov 2014
In reply to cankerblossom:

Steep Edge. Directly from Hotaches was also about £10 after exchange rates and commission.
 ablackett 30 Nov 2014
In reply to UKC News:

I enjoyed it, hadn't seen a lot of the footage before, watched it with the missus and she enjoyed it also.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...