UKC

Exercise machines.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 flopsicle 06 Nov 2014
I'm thinking of changing my old rower, if I can part with it. I like the rower because it's an all rounder and whilst I know nothing really relates to climbing, my thug like industrial air rower sure as hell feels like it should improve my upper body strength!

I may yet keep my thug rower with it's bike handles, handy blowing fan and kids belt to replace a foot strap. It cost me £15 8 yrs ago and I much prefer it to the slick gym jobs.

If I was to look for something new does anyone have any ideas? I don't attend a gym so don't get to try much. I did do a single gym invite day but all the machines seemed very characterless and even more hamster wheelish than thug rower. I owned a nordic ski machine for a while and quite liked that.

Any ideas? - vintage machines are better than bang up to date as the budget is tight.
 cb_6 07 Nov 2014
In reply to flopsicle:

Just putting this out there as an alternative - would you consider investing in a kettlebell? You can get a great, full body CV/conditioning workout with a single cast-iron 16kg bell and there's a lot of satisfaction in learning the different movements (swing, clean, snatch, jerk et al) and it would only set you back about £30. If the budget allows you could invest in a heavier one for strength work too.
OP flopsicle 08 Nov 2014
In reply to cb_6:

I know nothing about them beyond that they are heavy and have a handle! It's the sort of thing that does wind it's way to the car boot sale so I'll keep my eye out for one for a play.

I feel like I've got a decent home gym really, I have the sit up thingy on the bottom of the door, a pull up bar bought for 50p, a balance thingy and powerballs. And of course the huge thug rower.

I just half fancy a machine change and the more it couples up to help build to climb the better.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...