UKC

4 season self inflating Sleeping mat

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 andyd1970 08 Nov 2014
Looking at getting a 4 season sleeping pad
I have looked at exped synmats/SIM and thermarest prolight plus/ xtherm etc but can't decide which one is best
I am looking for something in a wider size but not too heavy
Any recommendations
Thanks
needvert 08 Nov 2014
In reply to andyd1970:
I have a regular sized xtherm, if I recall its almost exactly as long as I am tall. Its the best mat I've come across, a massive upgrade from a prolite 4.

Naturally it has its limitations, the materials are quite light and thin. The regular size is narrow, too. Apparently some people don't like the noise, I don't notice/mind it.
(Xthem isn't self inflating, I prefer that style now. My prolite was harder than pack, especially with a hand injury, more bulky once packed and after a while hardly self inflated anyway.)
Post edited at 23:29
 nufkin 09 Nov 2014
In reply to andyd1970:

I've got one of the more generously sized Exped synmats, and think it's good - warm and very comfortable for sleeping. It's most definitely not self-inflating, though, and I reckon is best suited to occasions where you're not packing/unpacking every day - for these situations, I think I'd go for one of the Xtherms
 anthonylewis 09 Nov 2014
In reply to andyd1970:

Thermarest neo air. Not self inflating but very warm, think you can get a wide version too.
OP andyd1970 10 Nov 2014
In reply to andyd1970:

Thanks guys for your input
Narrowed it down to the thermarest neoair all season in a large or the exped synmat ul 9 lw
Thanks
Andy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...