UKC

Best way to send parcels to Europe.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 James Malloch 12 Nov 2014
My friend in Austria is going through an awful time in her life. She recently ran out of yorkshire tea and is drinking the likes of PG tips and other inferior products.

Can anyone recommend a good way to send lots of teabags to Austria? I'm not sure how much things cost etc or if there is much variance in price between different methods/companies.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Removed User 12 Nov 2014
In reply to James Malloch:
I got a good deal shipping a bike frame to Holland using a shipping agent (mailboxes etc.) http://www.mbe.co.uk/

Although the gain margin will reduce as the size and weight goes down. Should be one on most major high streets?
Post edited at 07:41
 john arran 12 Nov 2014

Betty's of Harrogate deliver to France so presumably to Austria as well - http://www.bettys.co.uk/yorkshire-tea-bags

I've used them before and been impressed. You pay a fair amount for postage and you don't see how much until part way through the checkout. The trick is to check the postage for 1 box and then back out of the order and try it again with 2, 3, 4, etc. boxes until the postage charge goes up. Then order the most boxes you can for the lower postage charge
 gethin_allen 12 Nov 2014

Depends how much tea is required, DHL do a very good value service for a standard 10 kg box.
 Carolyn 12 Nov 2014

Equally, it might not be that expensive just sending it via Royal Mail - I've been surprised how smallish parcels to Europe appear to cost very little less than within the UK (and sometimes they've seemed to cost less, but I guess that's not actually the case.....)
 Hat Dude 12 Nov 2014

Interparcel are cheap and convenient

http://www.interparcel.com/
 gethin_allen 12 Nov 2014
In reply to Carolyn:
> Equally, it might not be that expensive just sending it via Royal Mail - I've been surprised how smallish parcels to Europe appear to cost very little less than within the UK (and sometimes they've seemed to cost less, but I guess that's not actually the case.....)

If you think about the mail system most of the expense must be in the delivery and sorting so there won't be a great deal of difference.
 Carolyn 12 Nov 2014
In reply to gethin_allen:

Maybe, although I'd have thought the bureaucracy of having to transfer it between two different systems would add a cost. Maybe I've just spent too long watching the difficulties of moving anything between two public sector organisations....
 joepremier 12 Nov 2014
Hey James,

I used www.worldwide-parcelservices.co.uk when I needed something sent out to Germany. It was a courier service so they collect too, it was pretty good value for big and heavy, not sure how good it is for smaller stuff!

Joe

p.s. I have also run out of Yorkshire and will suffer through the pg tips until christmas...
Post edited at 17:55
OP James Malloch 12 Nov 2014
In reply to joepremier:

thanks for the replies - I'll look into them!

Joe - if you need tea then let me know. I can send some out also if you need! Can't have your flat on the crap stuff!!
 joepremier 13 Nov 2014

Cheers James that's very kind, but I'll be home in a month so I can fill the coffers then!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...