UKC

Summer bouldering in UK/Ireland?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Gaby31 13 Nov 2014
Hi there,
we are strating to plan family hollidays for 2015 and I am wondering where is the best place for summer family bouldering (i.e. various levels) in UK and/or Ireland?
Any idea?

Thanks in advance

Gaby from ZeBloc.com
Gaby31 03 Dec 2014
In reply to Gaby31:

Hi guys,
am I in the right forum to ask question about england bouldering ?

Thanks

Gaby
 Stopsy 03 Dec 2014
In reply to Gaby31:

Hi,

In the summer my advice would be to go to any of the major mountain areas. Snowdonia, Lake District, Torridon (Scotland). Possibly the Mourne Mountains in Ireland? Should be plenty of venues to suit all.

Should be plenty of blocs over the whole area. If you are just over for a holiday consider buying the Boulder Britain guidebook ( http://boulderbritain.com/ ) for a range of venues over the country.
 climber34neil 03 Dec 2014
In reply to Gaby31:

Hi, Yes you are in the right place.
There is quality bouldering throughout the UK from Cornwall to Scotland and mist places in between. I guess the most obvious would be the Peak district, Yorkshire, North Wales, lake district, Northumberland. Do you have any idea of where you particularly want to visit? I would suggest for ease of accessability probably best to start in the peak district and go from there. There is plenty of info on line, eg www.peakbouldering.info is an excellent resource as is north wales bouldering.com. I would suggest researching areas you want to visit then ask for more specific info regarding venues, problems etc
 abarro81 03 Dec 2014
In reply to Gaby31:

North Wales would probably get my suggestion

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...