UKC

Elastic in outdoor socks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 John H Bull 13 Nov 2014

Quite often it's far too tight in my opinion. I've tried hooking socks over the bannister knob to stretch the lakky, but it only seems to work temporarily. Scissors work reasonably well if you don't mind wrecking the weave, but you can't get at the really problematic stuff inside the cuff. I'm already worried with it being so close to Christmas, and last years hard-wearing and otherwise splendid Jeep socks that my mother-in-law got me are still uncomfortably tight despite regular weekend wear. Anyone have any top tips - maybe soaking in vinegar or something?
Post edited at 17:21
OP John H Bull 14 Nov 2014
In reply to Big Steve:
I might take you up on that. Glad to see an enthusiastic pitch - socks 'mundane'? Never!

'Unique, elastic X band torsion ankle support' sounds fantastic, but I'm not into long socks. My problem really is what to do with all the short socks I get given - It's the cuff elastic around the ankle that bothers me and it's a problem that gains momentum every year. Maybe I'll try a big vat of rubber solution. Or leave them out for the squirrels.
 BAdhoc 15 Nov 2014
In reply to bullybones:

Have you tired brasher socks or the bridgede light hiker? (no other bridgedales have a loose weave mind)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...