UKC

BNP Stoop to a New Low

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 15 Nov 2014
My feeling is that by exploiting the theft of this gentleman's medal the BNP have demonstrated that they are no better than the thugs who stole them in the first place:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11231045/Army-veteran-attacked...
 Scarab9 15 Nov 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

While I'm no BNP supporter, I feel its an odd argument since so many news sources exploited it. At one point it was one of facebooks "trending" stories.
 Timmd 15 Nov 2014
In reply to Scarab9:
Have they been saying enough is enough and talking about the thieves being Muslims like the BNP has?
Post edited at 23:59
In reply to mypyrex:
Using his photo without permission to promote a political message, has some sort of moral equivalence with mugging an old soldier for his war medals?

Seriously?

> He said: "I was walking to the cenotaph in the centre of town for Remembrance Sunday, the same route I have taken every year for as long as I can recall. "I'd stopped in Lund Park to look at the embers of a fire which had been lit near a sign when out of nowhere I was grabbed or hit from behind. "My beret was knocked off my head and I stumbled to the ground. I tried to stay on my feet because I didn't know what would happen if I went to ground. "I had not seen the gang of about six to eight Asian lads before this and I think they had been hiding in bushes. "I had not seen or heard them or done anything to intimidate them.

> They were laughing and joking and speaking in a foreign language, not in English, so I don't know what they were saying. "I was shaken and couldn't understand what was happening. They had taken my beret as a trophy and they were tearing it at like a pack of dogs with a piece of meat. They thought it was funny." Mr Gill said that the gang "ran off laughing and joking" out of the park near the bowling green, before he realised his medals were also missing. "My poppy had been ragged at but they had not managed to steal that," he said. "My lip was cut and I was shaken. I can only think I was targeted because of what I was wearing because it was not a mugging or robbery, because I had £200 in cash on me and they didn't take that or ask for money."

> Mr Gill joined up in 1966 and rose from Private to Sergeant until he left following 18 years' service. He then got a job in security. He served in Cyprus, Hong Kong, Japan, Gibraltar, Malaysia, and Northern Ireland, where he lost comrades.
Post edited at 19:49
Removed User 17 Nov 2014
In reply to mypyrex: My old man hated the BNP and was at one time a hard streetfighter,when he was 66 and dieing of lung cancer a man from the BNP knocked on the door canvassing, the old man grabbed his lapels and headbutted him, he collapsed was kicked in the guts and had the door slammed on his body,nothing more was heard!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...