UKC

Tendon Ambition 8.5mm Any good?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kermit_uk 15 Nov 2014
Just wondering if people have used these. Always cheap on Rock and Run I could do to replace my doubles. I have Beal Cobras and am really tempted to get the same again because they have been brilliant but at more than twice the price it seem a lot.

They will get used for grit cragging, multipitching and scottish winter. Looking at comparisons the beals are slightly better in terms of impact force and falls and the rendons just a smidge lighter but not a lot in it. Beals are now available in Unicore too which does look like it adds a level of safety especially with axes and crampons knocking around however I've not managed stick my axes through a rope yet!

Any thought's appreciated.
 squirrel00 15 Nov 2014
In reply to kermit_uk:

only used and abused the tendon smart single and to be honest handles brilliantly and is very hardwearing, if you look on sportspursuit they have 8.5 with complete shield coating 50 m for £69
OP kermit_uk 15 Nov 2014
In reply to squirrel00:

Cool cheers. Well rock and run have a pair of 60m 8.5 dry treated for £130!

Which I think is silly cheap.

Worth a punt I reckon.
 squirrel00 15 Nov 2014
In reply to kermit_uk:
for sure might get myself a pair for when my ankles fixed had to be cut out of my eidlweiss when I had my accident but they were very knotty ropes so wasn't to bothered when they got destroyed
OP kermit_uk 15 Nov 2014
In reply to kermit_uk:

Realised Go sell them for £199 or will beat any website by 10%!
 0153453 15 Nov 2014
In reply to kermit_uk:

I got them on price match there and although they're the only set of half ropes I've owned, no complaints at all. Think I got a set for £111 including delivery in the end. Can't argue with that.
OP kermit_uk 15 Nov 2014
In reply to kermit_uk:

Rock n Run doing them for £130 and Go beat that by 10% so for £117 delivered I have some new ropes on the way. For that cost even if they're not great they will be worthwhile!
 Andypeak 15 Nov 2014
In reply to kermit_uk:

really not a bad set of ropes. i replaced my cobra with them. Not quite as nice but brilliant for the money

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...