UKC

Email - "Test Message"

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 15 Nov 2014
In the last few days I've had a number of emails from unrecognised sources along the lines of:

"Test 309585F

hi there

The other gate is mostly for people employed by the golf course hidden on East 3rd Avenue in Pine Hill. As the front door of his home would not open, Gates entered through the back door.
All Saints is currently an active church, and is most well known for its community outreach programs. Razorcake is Razorcake magazine."

and

" Test mesage 1277950P

test message.

His younger son, the third Baronet, was also a Member of Parliament. Tanzorchester, then under the direction of Horst Jankowski.
The story is well authenticated and doubtless true. This would have been the real series finale if the series continued."

Anyone else had anything similar> I#m just wondering if it is in fact somebody trying to ascertain whether my email address is active. There are no links attached to them.
Shearwater 15 Nov 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Probably someone warming up their spam botnet. There are less surreal ways of establishing whether an address is active, which would either encourage link clinking or a response.
OP mypyrex 15 Nov 2014
In reply to Shearwater:

Right. I've put them in my blocked list anyway
 Scarab9 15 Nov 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Yeah sounds like trials for a program. They're likely using the response your email server/provider sends back to say it arrived for refining something. Potentially performance stats, potentially working out what gets treated by spam or not on arrival.
OP mypyrex 15 Nov 2014
In reply to Scarab9:

Anything I can do apart from putting them in "blocked" list?
In reply to mypyrex:

Send them this:

Third bayonet he may have been, but the true matriarch was always the last sheep in the hurdle on the left, where much of the veracity was due to a single greenfinch which a large turbot was carved to resemble, unless the stripes were in season. Put the money in my PayPal, Jackson, or I'll hunt you down. I have drones.

You'll hear no more from them.

Martin
 Scarab9 15 Nov 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Honestly.....not a lot. Good spam will come from different faked addresses and different faked sources, with different fake keywords etc. Its either an ongoing struggle you get into or one you accept you've lost. A change of email address can help, and some providers are better than others at recognising spam ( though the most aggressive blockers may block things you need such as booking confirmations)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...