UKC

The Bendy Bendy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ben b 17 Nov 2014
Following on from the roughest places you've slept thread...

I never dared stay there (as I was fairly sure it would have been a tough sell for a young vegetarian student from London). I assume it is long gone?

b
 Cog 17 Nov 2014
In reply to ben b:

The bendy in Glencoe?
 Clarence 17 Nov 2014
In reply to ben b:

I had heard stories of it so we planned a stop there but the state of the place and the size of the rats encouraged us to press on in the dark to somewhere a bit more inviting. It was definitely one for those with troll ancestry!
OP ben b 17 Nov 2014
In reply to Cog:

Yep, that's the one. Never met anyone who had actually slept there, but quite a few who looked and ran away....

B
 Colin Moody 17 Nov 2014
In reply to ben b:

It was a good base, dry and comfortable enough with a mat.

Plywood floor and concrete ceiling. There was even a new routes book!
The walls were metal frame covered in polythene. One weekend we took down the old walls and put up new ones with cement and stones that were around the place, we added a window frame (or two?).

I was told that when they replaced the bridge they offered to rebuild the bendy under the new bridge but the National Trust said no.
Removed User 17 Nov 2014
In reply to Colin Moody:

That's a shame, I always wondered if it had been incorporated into the new bridge but suspected not. A few of us had a very cold and stoned night in there when I chickened out of driving back pissed from the kingy in the middle of the night. The Rannoch hut has gone too, burnt down a couple of years ago I believe.
OP ben b 18 Nov 2014
In reply to Removed User:

That doesn't leave the Creag Dhu many places left, does it?

Thanks for the information.

b
 Colin Moody 18 Nov 2014
In reply to ben b:

Creag Dhu have Jacksonville so don't need anywhere else.
OP ben b 18 Nov 2014
In reply to Colin Moody:

Aye, but I thought they built the Bendy Bendy, too?

b
 John Alcock 18 Nov 2014
In reply to ben b:

I slept there a number of times. Pretty draughty and definitely not as classy as under the bridge in Keswick, let alone in the bandstand.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...