UKC

Modular (summer) ML Assessment

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hello,

Can anyone recommend me a modular summer mountain leader assessment please?

Ideally one based in the Lakes District, but I would consider the Peak or Snowdonia.

Cheers, Tom
In reply to Tom Ripley Mountain Guide:

I'd advise against a modular assessment if you can avoid it. I'm not sure many providers do these because you could conceivably have a mare on the first half and have to wait a week or so to find out if you passed or not!
 mike123 19 Nov 2014
fat andy does them int lakes, looks like hes too busy to update his website, he is very good , just a bit ugly, but he cant help that.
http://www.adventures.org.uk/prodpage.cfm?CategoryID=30765

ivanwindrush 19 Nov 2014
In reply to mike123:

I also did my ML with Andy Brown in the Lake district and found it most agreeable apart from getting lost in the dark and soaking wet etc etc.

I couldn't get time out of work at the time so the 2 weekend format worked for me.
altadv 20 Nov 2014

The next split assessment course dates are 22, 23, 24 then 27, 28 & 29 April 2015 delivered as a 2 x 3 days course based at Longseddale Centre in the Lake District. All six days must be attended. The course is run with Bolton Council, Outdoor Education Team.
or check Mountain Training Web site. Does require a little looking for. Just the way the site works

Stuart Igoe
MLT - ML Course Director

Our New Address is
Outdoor Activities Service & Alternative Adventure.
New Meadows Gap Cottage, Cranberry Lane, Cranberry Fold, Darwen, Lancs. BB3 2HZ
Phone 01254 704898

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...