UKC

Conditions at Brimham?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Morgan P 22 Nov 2014
Planning to go to Brimham tomorrow.

Anyone been to Brimham today and know what the conditions are like? Or if you just know the place well enough to guess

Thanks in advance!
Iain(2010) 22 Nov 2014
In reply to Morgan P:

It rained last night so everything got soaked. Its been misty most of the day so everything has stayed damp. It's not going to dry in a hurry, but the forecast for the area shows a decent afternoon tomorrow. It's a bit of a replay of last weekend. Last sunday I went to Brimham to practice some rope work and did 'Right Hand Crack' on Cracked Buttress; it was damp and green in places. Because it was mainly jamming it wasn't too bad, but sloping holds didn't feel the best. Pick your routes carefully and you will still have fun.
Almscliff will dry more quickly, but may get busier.
In reply to Morgan P:

Brimham tends to stay green and greasy in the current weather conditions at this time of year. You might find a bit of dry rock around the Cyclops and Birch Tree Wall areas but you can almost certainly rule out the likes of Fag Slab and Cubic Block and most probably Cracked Buttress too.
 phleppy 22 Nov 2014
In reply to Morgan P:

It's about this time off year I usually go across to Brimham if I feel the need for some gritstone, with at least something usually being dry. It will have rained over that way in the last 24 hours but I'd expect the car park boulders and some parts of cubic area will be fine, cracked buttress and lovers leap area dry quickly and several of the south/west facing routes on the pinnacles should be also be fine, probably best to forget about any of the northern parts though, depending on how much son gets out through the day!
OP Morgan P 24 Nov 2014
In reply to Morgan P:

Update for any one reading this to see if someone answered the question, it was a bit damp this morning but by middayish it had dried up nicely! Obviously plenty of areas still damp but was plenty to try

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...