UKC

Joining CAF

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
RockShock 25 Nov 2014

Hi folks,

I am pondering to dump my excessively expensive and crappy Spanish licence in favour of either the OEAV or CAF (Which seem to be only two clubs permitting non-residents and I live in Spain for the moment).

I have compared both of them and I tend to lean more towards CAF (even more as I may soon try to relocate to France from Spain), however I have few questions to the ones using it:

1. When I join for the first time, I need to pay a fee for the club I select, it seems to vary between 50 and 80EUR. Is that a one-time fee, or is it a yearly quota?

2. If the above is, as I understand it, an entry fee, are there any fees for renewing the license? On the webpage for joining I only see the fees for "Adherence (see point 1 above)", Insurance, magazine. I don-t see any fees related to CAF itself, nor club upkeep... How does this work when renewing the license for the next year?

3. Can you recommend a club that would have some benefits if I am not located in their city? Like internet shop discounts, an interesting club magazine, etc? Or should I just go for the "cheapest" one?

4. The insurance leaflet (http://www.ffcam.fr/tzr/scripts/downloader2.php?filename=T004/fichier/4d/03... mentions under G4 and G5 a "payment of benefits". Is that a monthly payment in case of death, or one time payment? 4kEUR seems too low for me compared to other insurances, so I am guessing it can be monthly, but I can't find a total amount anywhere - hence my doubt.

Any other points to keep in mind?

Thanks!
RS
Post edited at 20:53
 Alex Buisse 01 Dec 2014
In reply to RockShock:

1) Yearly fee.
2) You have to repay the whole thing every year.
3) Not to my knowledge. I am in the Chamonix one and can't say that it offers any real benefits.
4) One time payment. It's very low in the basic option, a little higher if you opt for the higher coverage.
 Pyreneenemec 01 Dec 2014
In reply to RockShock:

As previous reply states plus :- membership of the Toulouse C.A.F. offers 20% discount in the Au Vieux Campeur store at Toulouse Labege; 15% to all other C.A.F members. Not sure, but logically similar discount at Vieux Campeur stores throughout France.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...