UKC

Boulder problems on your own

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CharlieMack 30 Nov 2014
Im looking for some boulder problems in the peak district to work on through winter by myself when I can't get out with friends but the weather is good.

So ideally ones with safe landings that only need one pad. Obviously open to interpretation, but I hope you know what I mean. For example Captain Hook at plantation. Looking for font 7a-8a's.

Cheers in advance.
 Jon Stewart 30 Nov 2014
In reply to CharlieMack:
Secret Garden? Often damp but has plenty of hard, low problems.

At Cratcliffe/RHS you'll find a few to go at, the hard slab on the boulder with the nice arete (useful eh!), you'd be OK on Ben's (?) Wall just L of that (good height but straight up wall and perfect landing), Jerry's Traverse (thought you might want another pad to keep your feet clean), and several more there too.

There are hard problems on the Trackside boulder at Curbar: not high, perfect landing, every convenient.
Post edited at 23:39
 climber34neil 01 Dec 2014
In reply to CharlieMack:

Curbar, work hard, play hard, bens wall, great white, touch winky,
Rowter: blood falls, yoghurt hypnotist
Burbage: blind date, blind fig, velvet crab, talk to me Martin, westside story, breakfast
Stanage: brad pit, twister, help the aged,
Houndkirk: pride of Sheffield
Should be enough to start with!
 snoop6060 01 Dec 2014
In reply to CharlieMack:

F8A! You been on the roids Charlie?
OP CharlieMack 01 Dec 2014
In reply to climber34neil:

Cheers for all those. Will have to get cracking
In reply to snoop6060:

Haha, well getting back into training after my wrist problem. Need to aim somewhere Got a 7c last year in two sessions, and pretty close to two 7c+s, so hopefully with some actual calculated training might get an 8a.
Like the ladies say, go hard or go home :p
 JayK 01 Dec 2014
In reply to CharlieMack:

There is a lot of quality in the peak. Just had a nose at your logbook and by the seems of it you've got the whole place as your playground. Climber34neil has listed a load of quality lines already.

A couple of pads will see you fine for the majority on this list: http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/set.php?id=319 It'll also keep you occupied for a while.

Secret Garden is good venue as someone else has suggested. Class problems and not particularly stiff at the grade.
In reply to JimmyKay:

Cheers, that's a good looking list. It's really annoying trekking all the way into a problem that you've checked in a guidebook, only to discover the landing is really bad, or there's a block right in the way. So good to get ones advised by folk that have been on them.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...