UKC

Grip Master

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
JRT 01 Dec 2014
what are peoples views on using them for training? I've herd some people say that are not very effective for training why is this ?

cheers
 AlanLittle 02 Dec 2014
In reply to JRT:

I was given one years ago as a present but lost it somewhere along the line, and don't miss it.

Not enough resistance to have any real training effect for a climber. Might be of some value for warming up or injury rehab.
Alowen 02 Dec 2014
In reply to JRT:

Before I climbed more regularly I used the black version and found it did help a bit. However, now I climb more and my job is physically demanding it's kind of redundant. So I do think they have their place.

Hth

Al
 whenry 02 Dec 2014
In reply to JRT:

I've used the black one when I've been injured and not climbing for several weeks. I don't think there's any value in it for training, but it did seem to stop my finger strength deteriorating too much when I wasn't climbing.
 Rob Laird 02 Dec 2014
In reply to JRT:

Like others, I mainly use it as a warming up tool, or when I was injured earlier this year. I don't think it improves your strength if you're already climbing.

Rob
JRT 04 Dec 2014
In reply to JRT:

Would you guys be interested in something similar if it was more tailored for climbing and a better design ?
any features you would think would improve it ? or a completely different training tool?
In reply to JRT:

I have used one for rehab following an injury, but I don't really see the effect when climbing as a training device.
 Mutl3y 04 Dec 2014
In reply to JRT:

Ironmind already produce the benchmark product in this category but it has little use for climbing. I can close a number 1 but friends who climb much harder than me can't. Go figure.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...