UKC

Setting up an Indoor Slackline

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Boulderdash86 03 Dec 2014
Just wondering how people have got a indoor slackline set up - as I'm looking at setting one up for the long winter evenings - probably by using wood and setting it up around the wood. I have a nice big garage I can use but dont really want to add eyes to the wall.
 jkarran 03 Dec 2014
In reply to Boulderdash86:

You could perhaps place bolts in the floor and support the line on A-frames/trestles. Otherwise you'll need to make some sort of frame and it'll need to be pretty sturdy (or clever).

A simple 2 triangle frame in 2x3 (or lighter with additional triangulation) plus a couple of brackets screwed to the walls (only loaded in shear so won't pull the wall down) to stop it buckling is the simplest structure I can think of. Basically a length of timber running wall to wall along the floor, a post stood up each end of it to attach the line and a pair of compression members running back to the mid point forming triangles to support the posts. A metal bracket or timber block fixed to the wall each end holds the posts down (but not in against the wall). As described you'd need to add some feet or modify the wall brackets to stop it falling over sideways but they don't have to be especially strong

jk
 Toerag 03 Dec 2014
In reply to Boulderdash86:

I suspect anything less than a floor anchor in concrete and trestles is likely to be not strong enough. You know how easy it is to knock a wall down don't you?
 jkarran 03 Dec 2014
In reply to Toerag:

The structure I suggested only applies lifting forces to the walls.

Of course you could go corner to corner if you do want to fix to the walls (and have a pair of significant opposed corners).

jk

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...