UKC

Ton Sai partners and accommodation- Dec to Jan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jonny Nick 03 Dec 2014
As part of my sabbatical year from teaching I will be flying to Thailand on the 17th December and arriving in Ton Sai most likely on 19th December. I will then be flying out of Krabi on 24th January 2015.

Obviously Ton Sai is a pretty sociable place with plenty of people available to climb with but was wondering if anyone fancied meeting up to work on some projects around the 7a+ / 7B level.

Also, any guidance / advice on accommodation would be much appreciated as have heard there's quite a variation in terms of price / quality of what's available.

Cheers

Jonny
 seankenny 03 Dec 2014
In reply to Jonny Nick:

Will be there for a few days from 25th Dec. Drop me a mail if you're still looking for someone!
 mike123 03 Dec 2014
In reply to Jonny Nick:
we ve had several visits to Raleigh , one was at christmas , it was a nightmare getting somewhere to stay. this is some years ago mind. if this is the case this year then consider staying in ao nang until it gets quieter. also, consider staying in east raleigh rather than ton sai, imho nicer,can be cheaper and there are plenty of climbers there to.
Post edited at 10:30
 seankenny 03 Dec 2014
In reply to mike123:

Mike - what's the best place for climbing in the 6a - 7a+ range? I haven't got a guide yet!
OP Jonny Nick 03 Dec 2014
In reply to seankenny:

Hi, thanks. Will drop you an e-mail once i'm out of work and have a bit more time. From your other post sounds like would be good to meet up as climbing up to 7a+ is something like what I'm looking for too.

Jonny
OP Jonny Nick 03 Dec 2014
In reply to mike123:

That's great advice thanks. I'm hoping I might get there just before the big Christmas rush and so find some cheap accommodation. If not will head over to Railay

Cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...