UKC

Am I Now a Conspiracy Theorist?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 03 Dec 2014
Nearly two years ago the Mrs' sister sadly died of cancer. The events of her death were sadly exacerbated by her husband taking it very badly; problems with her estate - still on going.

Then, earlier this year I was diagnosed with Lymphoma(ok thankfully in remission). There have been loads and loads of other problems - business and domestic.

Anyway, Mrs and I decided we needed a break and had a weekend in Brussels which wasn't really up to expectations. Train journey from Euston to home was horrendous then, to cap it all, while we were on train we had a call to say that Mrs' younger son had suffered a very serious dislocated shoulder which need a three hour operation.

We've just got to the point now where we wonder if there is some conspiracy against us. Why can we not have an extended run of good luck.

Then, in three weeks there's Christmas to think of with everyone except us going round being "jolly"

Bahh.

Sorry to go on

Timmd 03 Dec 2014
In reply to mypyrex:
It won't be much consolation, but I've had a span of a few years (six or something) where I've half felt like there was some force out to get me as well.

Just be thankful it's 'only' a very serious dislocated shoulder rather than something terminal?

Post edited at 12:38
OP mypyrex 03 Dec 2014
In reply to Timmd:

> Just be thankful it's 'only' a very serious dislocated shoulder rather than something terminal?
True. Thanks for the thought anyway.

cander 03 Dec 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Cheer up old fella: you're alive, sons alive (a bit bent maybe but if your not bouncing off the walls your not trying). Railways - serves you right you should have taken a car - theres a reason why the car is the most popular form of transport.

Christmas / New year - its a time where you make the effort to put your problemns to one side and have a small sherry, watch the great escape and Morcambe and wise.

Just think you could be sitting on a rusty old oil rig in a force 10 gale with smelly fat roughnecks for company.
OP mypyrex 03 Dec 2014
In reply to cander:

> watch the great escape and Morcambe and wise.

> Just think you could be sitting on a rusty old oil rig in a force 10 gale with smelly fat roughnecks for company.
Now there's a thought!

JamButty 03 Dec 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

I know what you mean, after probably 6+ years of no death and cancer, I'm now surrounded by it, with family, close relatives, friends, people at work in my dept and also in the Charity I'm part of.
It seems one after the next at the mo.
To some extent unfortunately its a sign of getting older, but it really tests your own mortality
Keep dreading whats around the next corner.

Try and keep positive matey.....

Timmd 03 Dec 2014
In reply to mypyrex:
I'm having my second Christmas without my Mum after her seeming fine last summer. After my twenties being challenging it felt like life was finally turning around, but what can you do about the unexpected?

It's made me value the warmth of genuine people a bit more I guess, and I'll survive. I miss her loads, but even in the gloom there's pockets of brightness.
Post edited at 14:45
 ByEek 03 Dec 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

That all sucks. All I can offer is try and stopping worrying about the stuff you can do nothing about and make positive decisions on things you can influence.
 nufkin 03 Dec 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

> we wonder if there is some conspiracy against us.

Could be, but then there also might have been a heap of other bad things that didn't happen to you that you just don't know about, meaning your perception is a bit skewed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...