UKC

DAC Pole sections.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 d_b 04 Dec 2014
I'm trying to track down a replacement section for a busted tent pole. Scottish mountain gear were unable to help as they didn't have anything in stock that matched.

It seems to be a 20 inch section of the 8.84mm "DAC featherlite" pole. Does anyone know where I might be able to buy one?

The usual suspects seem to carry other DAC pole types, but not that one. Presumably because it has swaged ends, so you can't just get a long piece and chop it to length.
In reply to davidbeynon:

Have your tried the manufacturer/ distributor?

In the past I have found spare poles from Lancashire sports repairs.
OP d_b 04 Dec 2014
In reply to Big Jim The Climber:

The distributor no longer distributes and the manufacturer is out of the country, so it seemed like a better bet to try and find someone more local first.

I will give Lancashire sports a go, as as they weren't on my radar before. Thanks.
In reply to davidbeynon:

When I tried them last year they had poles from a tent that was discontinued so you may be successful!
 Toerag 04 Dec 2014
In reply to davidbeynon:

Hilleberg tents have DAC poles, the Hilleberg distributor may have something suitable?
 kestrelspl 04 Dec 2014
In reply to SidharthaDongre:
I got some DAC pole section replacements from them (extremtextil), very quick service.
Post edited at 15:43
OP d_b 04 Dec 2014
In reply to Toerag:

Hilleberg use a different type of connection unfortunately, and the segments are a different length.

If you look at the pics here you can see that the featherlite is not like the others: http://www.dacpole.com/html/products.htm

OP d_b 04 Dec 2014
In reply to davidbeynon:

Just re measured. They are closer to 51cm than 20 inches, though there is only a couple of mm in it. At least I can quote something metric!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...