UKC

A Strava question...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tony the Blade 05 Dec 2014

I've signed up to Strava for my rides (sticking with Endomondo for runs) and I see you can race segments against previous attempts.

Does that automatically register as I'm cycling? Or do I have to set it/calibrate it before a certain section?

Thanks, Tony
 DJayB 05 Dec 2014
In reply to Tony the Blade:

Automatic
In reply to dj_brigham05:

Great thanks
 Stig 05 Dec 2014
Depends what you mean by 'race'. With the free version you can compare yourself to previous attempts afterwards once you've uploaded the data. To do that in real time while riding you have to pay for the Premium version.

It's just as brilliant for running by the way.
In reply to Stig:

> Depends what you mean by 'race'. With the free version you can compare yourself to previous attempts afterwards once you've uploaded the data. To do that in real time while riding you have to pay for the Premium version.

I mean... if I just log my ride tomorrow from start to finish will it tell me how I fared on certain sections that are logged on Strava? Obviously the main data for me is overall time, fastest segment and how fast, and gradient.

> It's just as brilliant for running by the way.

Yeah, but I'm sort of tied into running with Endo due to friends.

> I mean... if I just log my ride tomorrow from start to finish will it tell me how I fared on certain sections that are logged on Strava? Obviously the main data for me is overall time, fastest segment and how fast, and gradient.

Yes, both how your time on those sections compares to others and how your time on those sections compares to your previous best time on that section.

There's a variety of tools that use Strava data to do funky stuff, like Veloviewer and Raceshape which are worth a look too if you're into sexy graphs and that sort of thing.

In reply to victim of mathematics:

Excellent - many thanks

I do love a sexy graph

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...