UKC

Scarpa Charmoz v Scarpa Manta

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JamesLamont 08 Dec 2014
After 5 seasons with a pair of Manta's, I'm looking to replace my Winter boots.

My Manta's have done the job, good fit and pretty solid for everything I've thrown at it - my only gripe is that I find them quite cold. Last season I tried new socks etc but I still found them cold.

I'd been having a nosey around online (Salewa Pro Vertical's caught my eye?) however I've been offered a too good to be true deal on the Scarpa Charmoz GTX boots......

My question is - given the comparisons online are not so great - has anybody had experience with the Charmoz GTX's? How did you find them? Have you compared them to Manta's? Were they warm???
 Ron Walker 08 Dec 2014
In reply to jamesofdeath:

If you find the Manta's cold maybe a lighweight summer alpine glacier approach boot such as the Charmoz is not the one for you!
 aldo56 08 Dec 2014

I found my Mantas warmer than my Phantoms so it sounds like you may suffer from cold feet!
 bigbobbyking 08 Dec 2014
In reply to Ron Walker:

I agree! I found the Charmoz ok for summer alpine, but even then got cold feet in the early mornings. Wouldn't recommend them for purely Scottish use, especially if you already complain of cold feet!
 Gazlynn 08 Dec 2014
I moved from the Mantas to the Charmoz about 4 years ago so maybe the models have changed now but I found the Charmoz are slightly warmer than the Mantas but very little in it.
I run quite cold and have only experienced cold feet with them on a couple of times whilst hanging about on a belay for ages or long times of inactivity in Scottish winter.
The main advantage of the Charmoz is its weight rather than the warmth.

cheers

Gaz
Post edited at 11:55

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...