UKC

Scarpa Boosters S sizing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Farnell 08 Dec 2014
Has anyone tried/bought these? How do they fit compared to the current Stix V2? Are they based on the same last? I found I had to go down 1/2 a size from the Stix V1 to the V2.

Andy F
 Luke01 09 Dec 2014
In reply to andy farnell:

I bought the same size as my vapour V's and they feel a bit smaller if that helps. Could probably have gone half a size up, but, saying that, they're a good size for bouldering and short sport routes.
 Dave Mayes 09 Dec 2014

Can't say about the size, but the last isn't the same. It's pretty similar though, the same as the Boostic. Slightly pointier I think.

I've just gone from wearing the Stix to the Booster S so hope this helps!

The Stix for me were a lot wider (although you'd expect them to be as they are a slipper and not a velcro shoe!) but I have really narrow feet anyway so I don't normally go for slippers if I can help it. I found I needed to downsize a bit for the Stix as my normal size was just too baggy in the upper, even though they fitted comfortably in length.

For the Booster S I was back to my usual climbing shoe size, I was lucky as I had worn the Boostics which are a very similar shoe so could estimate well from those. The last is different, the Booster S seem a lot narrower at the heel than the Stix and are generally more downturned and 'pointy' in the toe. The precision and fit are great - similar to the Boostic but you can get even more "pull" from the downturn.

I'd say the heel of the Booster S is very similar to the Vapour Velcros if you've ever worn those?

OP Andy Farnell 09 Dec 2014
In reply to Natalie Berry - UKC:

Thanks. I was a 38.5 in the old Boosters, so that'll be the size to go for. Sounds like the Booster S is lower volume than the Styx, so 1/2 a size up should be fine.

Andy F
 cha1n 09 Dec 2014

I wore them for an hour demo at the wall and went for a 43. I'm a UK10/9.5 street shoe. I have long toes, wide (low volume) forefoot and narrow heel.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...