UKC

Bivvying at Norries Car park

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 glaramara 09 Dec 2014
Minor point, but are there any problems associated with overnighting at the upper car parks (other than cold/windy etc)? Do the ski-staff have an issue with it? Anybody do it regularly?
 Robert Durran 09 Dec 2014
In reply to glaramara:
> Minor point, but are there any problems associated with overnighting at the upper car parks (other than cold/windy etc)? Do the ski-staff have an issue with it? Anybody do it regularly?

Loads of people do it with no problems.
Post edited at 12:11
 Cuthbert 09 Dec 2014
In reply to glaramara:

Coire na Ciste is a hundred times better. Presuming you are meaning Coire Cas that is.

Coire na Ciste is also flat and more sheltered.
 Jamie B 09 Dec 2014
In reply to glaramara:

There are much more sheltered options a short distance down the road. The major problem is that you might get snowed/locked in!
 Roberttaylor 09 Dec 2014
In reply to Cuthbert:

I second this. I've slept in both, numerous times and there is no real advantage to being at the ski station itself, it's only a 10 minute walk uphill from the lower car park even if the road is impassable.
 Rich W Parker 09 Dec 2014
In reply to glaramara:

Never been a problem. Bear in mind that this winter there is a new owner. Still shouldn't be a problem, but I've heard rumours that the new company is harsh.

Sugar bowl is nice. Ish.
 Rich W Parker 09 Dec 2014
In reply to glaramara:

Maybe UKC should have a 'floor doss exchange'?
OP glaramara 09 Dec 2014
In reply to Jamie B:

Aye, the mystery of the locking gates is another conundrum. Seems to cause more pain than value as far as I can tell. Winter is starting hard so here's hoping for a good 1.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...