UKC

M25 Accident this morning

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mick r 09 Dec 2014
noticed the reports on the accident this morning that several vehicles went through the central reservation and into the opposite carriageway. looking at the photo, it looks like the central reservations are the new concrete ones, rather than the older Armco ones. I thought the new concrete ones were supposed to stop this happening?
 balmybaldwin 09 Dec 2014
In reply to Mick r:

Well that was the plan.... but they didnt count on 4 lorries hitting it I guess. Theres not much that could stop 100+tons without moving.

I see 2 have been arrested for deathby dangerous driving which indictes this wasnt a usual crash
 Ridge 09 Dec 2014
In reply to balmybaldwin:

> I see 2 have been arrested for deathby dangerous driving which indictes this wasnt a usual crash

I think that's pretty much standard procedure in a fatality, as any evidence collected at the scene can then be used in a future court case. It doesn't necessarily imply the arrested were at fault.
 balmybaldwin 09 Dec 2014
In reply to Ridge:

You may well be right, but its unusual for 2 drivers from 5 involved vehicles isnt it?
 tehmarks 09 Dec 2014
In reply to balmybaldwin:

> I see 2 have been arrested for deathby dangerous driving which indictes this wasnt a usual crash

I read a report somewhere that the entire incident was triggered by a car moving off of the hard shoulder without building up speed first. Which, if true, is beyond stupid and the driver in question deserves locking up for some time.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...