UKC

Any good sandwich shops in Manc city centre?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bulls Crack 10 Dec 2014
Having just relocated from Leeds I'm struggling to find one anywhere near as good as Brod (or it's next door neighbour Joseph's)

I've tried Katsouris + ruling out Subway/Pret/Philpotts type fare
 lukef 10 Dec 2014
In reply to Bulls Crack:

Haven't been for about 10 years, but this place used to be the business:
http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/r-daley-bread-manchester
 Oldsign 10 Dec 2014
In reply to Bulls Crack:

Rustica gets my vote:

http://m.yelp.co.uk/biz/rustica-manchester
 schloosh 10 Dec 2014
In reply to Bulls Crack:

The New York Deli on Oxford St near the Palace Theatre is amazing
OP Bulls Crack 10 Dec 2014
In reply to schloosh:

Thanks all - I'll check them out
Rigid Raider 10 Dec 2014
In reply to Bulls Crack:

Jump on the bus down to Rusholme and enjoy a shawarma sandwich at Jaffa. Delicious and cheap.
In reply to Bulls Crack:

Katsouris on deansgate opposite Ellis Brighams. Their hot sarnies are awesome.
In reply to higherclimbingwales:

I tried them today...OK but not Brod standard - spoilt in Leeds

Might make my own!
 ByEek 10 Dec 2014
In reply to Bulls Crack:

Even the best sarnies are a bit lame. Have you been to Kabana in the Northern Quarter? It does the most superb rice and three or a great nan sandwich. All freshly cooked curries.
 Padraig 10 Dec 2014
In reply to Bulls Crack:

Not having a go at you personally, BUT, WTF would anyone BUY sandwiches? There may be a reason (and it would need to be GOOD!) I've not thought of so I am prepared to be enlightened....... Enthral me!
 marsbar 10 Dec 2014
In reply to Padraig:

An extra 10 mins in bed in the morning?
In reply to Padraig:

I just run out of time/forget them/remember them then forget I remembered them etc etc! And the bread's usually gone after breakfast
 Co1in H 10 Dec 2014
In reply to Bulls Crack:

Essys, a stride from Katsouris, down the side of House of Frazer.
Lusk 10 Dec 2014
In reply to Padraig:

> Not having a go at you personally, BUT, WTF would anyone BUY sandwiches? There may be a reason (and it would need to be GOOD!) I've not thought of so I am prepared to be enlightened....... Enthral me!

More money than sense.
Take a load of ingredients into work and make up whatever you want in your breaks.
Can't get fresher than that!
 Scarab9 11 Dec 2014
In reply to Lusk:

Depends if you got somewhere to keep them and colleagues who'll not steal them! Used to do 5gat when I was in 5days a week but now its once (and I'm crap in the mornings so will not make and more than likely forget I'd I did) its not worth it.
Supermarket salad bar, or whatever is feckin cheap and worry about real food later, or wetgerspoons for sausage and mash I'd I need time away from my desk.

On the move/work food for me is something to keep me going, not something to enjoy sadly
Lusk 11 Dec 2014
In reply to Scarab9:

If you leave a note saying I may have ejaculated over one of these items, your food is safe.
 The New NickB 11 Dec 2014
In reply to Padraig:

My girlfriend lovingly makes me a sandwich every day, very nice they are to, but usually gone by 11. Anyway, it is sometimes nice to wonder down to a decent sandwich shop and try something different.
 Oldsign 11 Dec 2014
In reply to Bulls Crack:

Just an afterthought, to become a proper adopted mancunian one must first sample a chip-naan from Abduls in All Saints. It's not on the menu but they'll know what you mean
OP Bulls Crack 11 Dec 2014
In reply to Oldsign:

Lived there for 10 years but never had one of those!
 Oldsign 11 Dec 2014
In reply to Bulls Crack:

It's never too late!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...