UKC

Crampons - For Large Boots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 rob1 12 Dec 2014
I've just bought a pr of Sportiva Trango Evo's in size 47.5 which fit fine. The only problem is that the crampons which I use for my Batura's, G20's and Rambos do not fit. Whilst both boots are exactly the same size the sole of the Baturas is slightly smaller than the Trango's. I've just tried a retired pair of G14's and I can get these to fit.

Has anyone got any recommendations for crampons on large boots?

Cheers Rob
 gneiss boots 12 Dec 2014
In reply to rob1:
I use 47 Sportivas and had to get longer bars for my Grivel crampons. While my crampons are G12s I would imagine they do the same for the climbing ones. Mine came from Needlesports but I imagine other good stores or Google will be able to help. I was advised not to have bars at fullest extent due to risk of failure and greater stresses at the end of the bar.
Post edited at 12:08
OP rob1 12 Dec 2014
In reply to gneiss boots:

Cheers I have these already on the G14's but I don't think I can adjust the G20's or rambos that are a different type of centre bar.
 Mr. Lee 12 Dec 2014
In reply to rob1:

Also G14s fine for my boots. Omegas, but I'm the same size. Needed the longer as prebviously mentioned. I also needed to moved the front bale to the back two holes to get enough front point clearance from the boot.
 Damo 12 Dec 2014
In reply to rob1:

I've used DMM Terminators on my 47 Spantiks, OlyMons and Nepal Extremes. They're maxed out in terms of the inside bolt placements, but there's wiggle room in terms of the holes for the heel bar and toe bar.

I see you can still buy Terminators, here and there. They're slightly old-fashioned now but I found them quite good, though surprisingly not that durable. I don't climb as much as some here, and I wore down both the front points and the side points quite quickly, and that was just from basic mixed alpine ground, not hard mixed climbing.
 abcdef 19 Dec 2014
In reply to rob1:

G14s fit on my size 13 boots no probs (think I have extension bars somewhere but never needed).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...