UKC

TKMaxx

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tom Last 15 Dec 2014
Posh looking Mountain Hardware down jackets in TKMaxx (Truro) at the moment; relatively cheap.
DayWalker123 15 Dec 2014
In reply to Tom Last:

Are these deals usually nationwide?
OP Tom Last 15 Dec 2014
In reply to DayWalker123:

No idea I'm afraid!
 CMcBain 15 Dec 2014
In reply to DayWalker123:

Specific stock differs between stores, although if one store has Mountain Hardwear stuff in its likely in other stores too. It's all bought off the seller at the same time then distributed between stores. I've seen Haglof's stuff and Patagucci in recently as well, normally only in awful colours or very small or very large sizes.
In reply to Tom Last:

Saw these on Saturday; mainly for the bloater-sized, though. I thought they were quite pricy for The Maxx - maybe they're planning a sale, so all the prices have been put up in anticipation.

Martin
 gethin_allen 15 Dec 2014
In reply to CMcBain:
normally only in awful colours or very small or very large sizes.

Exactly, if you want a acid yellow or turd brown jacket in xxl, or you have a 28 inch waist and 36 inch legs then pefrect but little use if you are a relatively normal size.
OP Tom Last 15 Dec 2014
In reply to maisie:

Hi Martin, could be. I thought I was in luck, but I'm after synthetic rather than down.

There were a few large and small, but as you say mostly XL. No medium naturally!

Was surprised that the colours were actually quite subdued on the whole. Whilst we're on the subject of TKMaxx and nasty colours - do snowboarders really dress like that?
In reply to gethin_allen:

As an inveterate TK Maxx bargain spotter, I'm sorry to say that the last couple of years have been rather lean. Not sure where the bargains are going to, but they haven't been going to TK Maxx... SportsPursuit, perhaps?

I have bought plenty of stuff in TKM over the years, and I'm not particularly oddly-shaped.
In reply to Tom Last:

> do snowboarders really dress like that?

Yes.
OP Tom Last 15 Dec 2014
In reply to captain paranoia:

> Yes.

Christ!
 LastBoyScout 15 Dec 2014

I've done pretty well out of them for shirts and a few other things in the past, but been pretty slim pickings for anything I've been after recently.

Might have something to do with my company changing location and no longer getting my lunchtime stroll through anymore - I'm being beaten to them.
 rallymania 16 Dec 2014

yeah, i never go in there looking for something specific, but if you go in for a general browse, can usually find something i'd wear.
 rallymania 16 Dec 2014
In reply to Tom Last:

> Whilst we're on the subject of TKMaxx and nasty colours - do snowboarders really dress like that?

well if they're anything like me we have to. i fall over... a lot... and i need to makes ure everyone else can see the ensuing puddle of me on the floor

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...