UKC

How hard can Posting a Parcel from Stockholm be?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 james wardle 17 Dec 2014
Hi

Any ideas how i can solve my postage problem?

I have a parcel (kids christmas presents) in stockholm. i need to get it back to the uk.

UPS, DPD will only arrange a collection in sweden if i have a swedish credit card. (i don't, and I have an import account with them)

Posten will ship it if i can find someone to take it to the post office, (i have put a job up on PPH but no takers)

so short of going to stockholm ! ima bit stuck !! any ideas greatly appreciated, or if you are in central stockholm and would like a few hundred SEK for 10 min work collecting and reposting my parcel please get in touch.

Thanks

James
 TobyA 17 Dec 2014
In reply to james wardle: Aren't there really no local post offices? In Finland a nationwide newsagent chain also subcontracts for the post office - just like sub post offices in the UK. My local-ish one was open quite late into the evening too. Come to think about it, it was one of the better things about the Finnish post or Finnish customer service more generally!

OP james wardle 17 Dec 2014
In reply to TobyA:

There really are local post offices but i'm in the UK !

i need to find someone to take it to the post office as they will only collect if you have a business contract
 TobyA 17 Dec 2014
In reply to james wardle:

Oh right - that was confusing. So don't you have a mate in Sweden who can pop it round to the post office? By saying you had looked at having it picked up I presumed you or someone was there to answer the door to the UPS guy or whoever.
In reply to james wardle: I have a few pals in Stockholm. I'll message them to see if they can help.

In reply to james wardle: I'm assuming you don't need any help now as you haven't replied to this thread or to me, so I'll get on with other stuff.

abseil 19 Dec 2014
In reply to Frank the Husky:

Come on James! That's Nor-way to behave! This could be the Bergen-ning of a beautiful friendship! Hell-sinka a few pints then reply!

(Apologies to Frank for the hijack)
In reply to james wardle:

We have had TNT etc pick up parcels from all over the world, for delivery to the UK. Always paid for with a UK credit card.

I am not sure why they will not do it for you.

Big Steve 19 Dec 2014
In reply to james wardle: What is in the parcel? I have a DHL import account, I may be able to help if you were to pick up the tab for all fees, it is not cheap though

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...