UKC

What I Learned Today.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 KellyKettle 17 Dec 2014
Heavily fractured limestone, is a less than fortuitous choice of rock...

Nor is unroped scrambling a wise style of ascent...

Especially not if it has 20' pitches of near vertical offwidth cracks...

Though if the cracks are heavily vegitated that helps, for the first person ascending; ONLY...

It is infact possible to fall 20', land on your feet, fall back, slide a further 20' down various ledges; and come out uninjured...

Apart from brusing covering the entire left thigh, right upper arm, right lower chest and abdomen, along with grazing on both hands, both knees, both forearms and the right shoulder...

It is in fact, possible to ascend a further 300m, to the ridgeline meet your partner, and then descend a further 660m, covering around 8.5km into the bargain...

None of the things described up to this point has much to recomend it...

But should you choose to try them, and believe in lucky charms, say a hat for instance... Then donning it beforehand has much to reccomend that.
 Stone Idle 17 Dec 2014
In reply to KellyKettle:

Sounds exciting dear boy - and not to be repeated too often one might think
In reply to KellyKettle:

Your lucky charm hat didn't stop you falling off, though...?
OP KellyKettle 17 Dec 2014
In reply to Stone Idol:

Indeed! I've found it all quite amusing, my missus/erstwhile climbing partner found it all very traumatic however...

In fact the crucial learning point is probably "Only YOU can save yourself from your own stupidity and/or poor judgement."
 Oldsign 17 Dec 2014
In reply to KellyKettle:

Lucky bugger! Congratulations on coming out relatively unscathed. Good job you didn't bop yourself on the noggin!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...