UKC

Insurance Help

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loo24 19 Dec 2014
Hi there,

Last year I had to make a claim on my travel insurance after falling on the slopes and needing medical treatment to my wrist. My insurer (I won't name names) was not a big help, so I'm looking for a new insurance for the first time in years.

My confidence in insurance has understandably been knocked, so I would really appreciate any recommendations from people who have successfully claimed on theirs and had a good experience.

Please help!
 yorkshireman 19 Dec 2014
In reply to Loo24:

> My insurer (I won't name names) was not a big help

Please, name names.

Be factual and constructive but the only way to know if an insurance company is any good, is to go through the experience of making a claim, which thankfully most of us don't have to do. Therefore real feedback on your experience would be welcomed.
 andy 19 Dec 2014
In reply to Loo24: Never claimed, but I used to use DogTag - however now I just buy Carre Neige on my lift pass.

PROJECT_MANAGER 20 Dec 2014
In reply to Loo24:

austrian alpine club, just google them

world wide rescue service, reciporical rights card for the huts, 15% discount on highstreet walking / climbing shops, for £40.00? ish per year,

rescue is off piste and on piste, guided or unguided,
 andy 20 Dec 2014
In reply to PROJECT_MANAGER:
Assume that doesn't cover medical bills though? I have "normal" travel insurance on my current account (which covers skiing as well, actually), but I pay the extra EUR2.80 a day on my lift pass to not have the hassle of reclaiming medical/rescue costs, as the pisteurs just check you've got Carre Neige and cart you off the hill.

Edit - it does cover medical bills too, up to EUR10,000. Looks really good. Ta for the tip.
Post edited at 13:26
In reply to Loo24:
I've been with Ski Club of GB insurance for many years. Only claim was earlier this year for last minute pull out due to a chest infection. Quick handling of claim, no query and prompt payment. Don't know if this is the norm, and whether would be as easy if actually on holiday, but my one and only claim was stressfree.
In reply to PROJECT_MANAGER:

> rescue is off piste and on piste, guided or unguided,

Doesn't cover racing though. I think it says something about organised events generally. Not sure exactly what that means because it doesn't apply to me, but worth a quick mention.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...