UKC

Bregaglia

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Cloquet 20 Dec 2014
Is there any newer guidebook than the 1995 Bernina & Bregaglia book by Griffin - in English?
 llanberis36 20 Dec 2014
In reply to Andy Cloquet:

Hi

I have an Italian guide, which i believe is also in English, and covers the Mello and Bregaglia

Solo Granito by mario sertori and Guido lisignoli, Versante Sud 2007

www.versantesud.it
 Elevator 20 Dec 2014

Two selected guides are available from Needle Sports - 'Bregaglia Climbing 2013 Sciora Badile' and 'Bregaglia Climbing 2014 Albigna', both by Chris Mellor in English. You buy them online as .pdf downloads and print them off at home...

We used the 08 and 09 versions a few years ago and they worked pretty well...
 IPPurewater 20 Dec 2014

There are also some selected climbs in the Scheweiz Plasir and Plaisir Sud guides.

What do you have in mind ?
OP Andy Cloquet 21 Dec 2014
In reply to IPPurewater:

Thanks to the authors of these replies.
I'm not sure of any particular itinerary although a shot at North Ridge of Piz Badile is a definite but all other remommendations welcome; especially if we can use huts as our base.
 Dave Cundy 22 Dec 2014

I have two guide from 2007-2009 but they are in italian. For the record, they are :

Masino Bregaglia, Regno del Granito by Andrea Gaddi in June 2007
Masino Bregaglia, Regno del Granito vol II by Andrea Gaddi in June 2009

They are both excellent guides. I bought them in a bookshop in Milan. I'm not sure whether the likes of Needlesports could lay their hands on a copy.
 ro8x 22 Dec 2014

I've got the Solo Granito mentioned by llanberis36 - a massive improvement on the AC guidebook as the topos are bigger than a postage stamp!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...