UKC

Xmas ride?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kimono 25 Dec 2014
I chose to have a relatively sober and early xmas eve so that i could get up at 6am to mountain bike with a mate....well worth it!

Anyone else get out?
 ChrisJD 25 Dec 2014
In reply to Kimono:

Went out off-road with mates on Xmas Eve and then out today for family MTB. Great weather both days.
 BenedictIEP 25 Dec 2014
In reply to Kimono:
Had a nice 30k road ride round glossop area to wake me up this morning. Lovely quiet roads.
Post edited at 17:03
In reply to Kimono:

Road bike - 44km round Coniston with 700m ascent.
Ready for dinner now!
 wilkesley 25 Dec 2014
In reply to Kimono:

Sneaked out on a 30km ride round the local lanes. Almost no traffic and good weather.
 woppo 25 Dec 2014
In reply to Kimono:

Road bike from Chester round beeston castle and back, 35km dodging the showers and singing winter wonderland to myself!
Removed User 25 Dec 2014
In reply to Kimono:

I wish. -21 here with a bit of wind chill added. Won't get out until April
 TobyA 25 Dec 2014
In reply to Removed User:

Pah! I used to commute at that temperature. ...ok, so I did also get a touch of frost nip riding home one evening too, but still.
 Missile 25 Dec 2014
In reply to Kimono: 15 mile mountain bike ride round Marple - Hayfield - Mellor. The Turkey was well deserved after that.

AlisonSmiles 25 Dec 2014
In reply to Missile:

Did very similar myself! New Mills over to Hayfield, on to Rowarth etc. etc etc. Then got back and found myself with a hand delving into a duck's orifice.
OP Kimono 25 Dec 2014

> I wish. -21 here with a bit of wind chill added. Won't get out until April

hahaha
30C here....sweet
 Chris the Tall 25 Dec 2014
In reply to Kimono:

All my bikes are 150 miles away, but did manage to escape for a 6 mile run from mill hill to Barnet. Glorious weather, but a sunny day in London always feels like a sunny day wasted!
 Indy 26 Dec 2014
In reply to Kimono:

Did a quick 10 miles round town before lunch. Was suprised at the number of others out including groups of what appeared club riders.
 balmybaldwin 26 Dec 2014

> I wish. -21 here with a bit of wind chill added. Won't get out until April

You need a fat bike! http://www.singletracks.com/blog/freeride/video-fat-bike-freeriding-on-the-...
 TobyA 26 Dec 2014
In reply to Kimono:

40 kms this morning on the muddy back lanes of Worcestershire, before the rain/snow arrived. Does boxing day still count for an Xmas ride?
Removed User 26 Dec 2014
In reply to balmybaldwin:

Yes. They are al the rage here. But they still don't make it any warmer
 Bob 26 Dec 2014
In reply to Kimono:

Popped out for a 47Km ride with my wife over to Bolton by Bowland after getting back from the in-laws.

Did 40mins yesterday morning on the turbo - get the exercise done before eating all the pies!
OP Kimono 26 Dec 2014
In reply to TobyA:

> Does boxing day still count for an Xmas ride?

For sure!

andymac 26 Dec 2014
In reply to Kimono:

30 miles, round the kitchen. tonight.
 Richard Carter 31 Dec 2014
In reply to Kimono:

Time Trial for me on Xmas day; 27 minutes of wishing I'd not eaten so many mince pies over the last month!
In reply to Kimono:

Not out Xmas day - but timekeeping duties on Boxing Day coupled with nice ride to Southport and home before and after the event. About 35 miles - but got a sodding puncture 4 miles from home. Had a chilly club run to Scorton on Sunday with another 65miles in the bank. That's me done around 3700 miles for the year. ( 3452 according to Strava but there were a few rides where I forgot to start it or the phone battery died.)
 Jim Braid 01 Jan 2015
In reply to Kimono:

Not out on Christmas Day as I spent it with my grandchildren. Magical, magical day. But I can claim an Aberdeenshire New Years Day ride which for a Scotsman still ranks as an accomplishment. 21 miles since you ask. Felt almost like riding on closed roads there was so little traffic. New Years Day has got to be the quietest day of the year on the roads here.
OP Kimono 03 Jan 2015
In reply to Jim Braid:

i think we can stretch to NY day...sounds nice.

I went to bed at 10pm on NY eve and got up for a dawn mountain bike ride on NY day...fantastic!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...