UKC

Sron na Creise - any current info?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 peebles boy 26 Dec 2014
Hello folks,

Heading north tonight for a few days (probably along with many 1000's of others given the weather for the next few days!). Just wondering if anyone has passed by/been up to Sron na Creise and able to give a rough idea of snow level and any current conditions? Planning on a bit of a scrambly winter skills day with Mrs Peebles to remind her of how winter works, maybe have a wee peek at Inglis Clarke Ridge for later in the weekend.

Any other general Tyndrum/Glencoe conditions info appreciated.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and you're ready to work off the calories!!

Cheers,
Gordon
 Joak 26 Dec 2014
In reply to peebles boy:

Looked nice with thin snow on the ridge part when I drove north this morning (considered doing it). Snowing to road level through the Coe and all the way to Tyndrum when I drove back down at 1630.
In reply to peebles boy:

On Ben Laoigh today. There has been around 6 inches of fresh snow and snow showers getting heavier when I was heading back to Tyndrum at 4.30. No one on the hill today except me. Had a look down a misty Central Gully. Cornices not too big but quite a lot of powder in the gully. Not a breath of wind and layers of mist at most levels with snow flurries. Around -3 at the summit
 Joak 27 Dec 2014
In reply to The Watch of Barrisdale:

According to the laws of probability oor paths have got to cross soon. I considered a circuit of Ben Laoigh's Coire Gaothaich today. I ended up going up Sgorr Bhan's "School House" ridge then traversed the two Munros on Beinn a' Bheithir. Windless, much low cloud and mist with the odd snow flurry. Likewise never met another soul all day. My reply to ma wife's customary "Mind and watch whit yer daein" as I departed ma hoose at 0700 was "It's Boxing Day, the Coe will be hoachin." I'm very glad I was wrong! Happy New Year when it comes btw
 baileyswalk 27 Dec 2014
In reply to peebles boy:

Did the first pitch of IC ridge today, there was no ice to speak of and the turf was not frozen. It would be OK in current conditions but we decided to come back another time when the ice pitch was in. Walked up over criese not too much powder about and nice and solid on top with stunning views today. Walked over to the ski centre and caught the lift down (those munros still count now??). Nice day if not much climbing.
Calski 27 Dec 2014
In reply to baileyswalk: that may have been you above us...we climbed the edge to the left of you and shifted left in your footprints from the easy ground above P1?

Agreed it was an absolutely stunning day and thanks for breaking trail!

baileyswalk 27 Dec 2014
In reply to Calski:

Ahh yes, it was. We saw you heading up was wondering what you would end up doing. Top day all the same breaking trail was OK only a few annoying pockets of pooder.
In reply to Joak:

Hi Joak. You're right - another"near miss" on Friday! Funny how quiet everything was on Friday. Like you I had expected to see a few folk. Nobody was on Laoigh at all that day. Snow at summit unmarked. I'm back at my hoose in Gairloch from Wednesday so if you're in Torridon our paths might cross. Have a guid New Year - Bliadhna mhath ur!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...