UKC

La Sportiva Baruntse

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Gert-Big-Un 27 Dec 2014
Does anyone know of a UK retailer for the Baruntse? The boots seem widley available in the US and AUS but they do not ship to the UK, well I have yet to source a retailer that will, apparently La Sportiva have placed a supplier restriction that these boots and others are not to be sold outside of these countries??

My issue is that I have large feet and HA boots are hard to source in larger sizes, and I don't really want the bulk/weight of an 8000m boot for peaks of 6000 - 7000m. I would prefer to try a pair on prior to ordering, especially if I have to order from the US!

Any assistance will be grately appreciated.....

Many thanks in advance......

Craig
 Morgan Woods 27 Dec 2014
In reply to Gert-Big-Un:

Contact Lyon.co.uk
 Andrew W 27 Dec 2014
In reply to Gert-Big-Un:

Lyon don't appear to import them to the UK which would explain why you can't find them in the UK.
 hokkyokusei 27 Dec 2014
In reply to Gert-Big-Un:

Is it the Baruntse you want in particular? Whittaker Mountaineering in the US will ship to the UK and have them up to size 50. Or maybe try Spantiks? Needlesports have them on offer but only up to size 47.
 RoK 27 Dec 2014
In reply to Gert-Big-Un:

Bergzeit are a good German retailer and have them in stock up to size 47. Got stuff off them before and no hassles.

http://www.bergzeit.co.uk/la-sportiva-baruntse-boots-silver/?key=La+Sportiv...
Gert-Big-Un 27 Dec 2014
In reply to hokkyokusei:

Thanks all,

To be honest i'm looking for a size 49 (I also have wide feet) in a HA boot, I have a pair of Millet Everest boots that I picked up cheap (brand new), I went for a gamble and went up the reconmended half to a full size, I actually went up 3/4 of a size. The boots fit fine with room for swelling if the foot bed is removed, with the foot bed in they are a bit to snug. The Spantiks only go up to a UK 12, I would require a 13/14. There isn't a great choice when you have massive flippers! I like the traditional style of the Baruntse and have heard that they are a nice fit even for people with wider feet.

I have contacted Whittaker Mountaineering to find out about returns ect and I will go from there.

How much extra room would I need for the Baruntse compared to the Nepal Evo as they are apparently very similar?
In reply to Gert-Big-Un:

We enquired with Lyon about these a while back. They say the Baruntse and Spantik are so similar they decided just to import the Spantik. Unfortunately the Baruntse is the one that goes up to the biggest sizes... This means that you will have to order them from abroad I'm afraid.
Gert-Big-Un 27 Dec 2014
In reply to Stephen Reid - Needle Sports:

It's looking that way! Manufacturers don't seem to care about the big footed chaps!

Ronan, I have alreay emailed Bergzeit to see if they can source larger sizes, hopefully they will get back to me with good news.
Gert-Big-Un 28 Dec 2014
In reply to Gert-Big-Un:

Update - Whittaker Mountaineering as well as three other major retailers in the US have all stated that they are unable to ship this product to the UK.

TobyA 28 Dec 2014
In reply to Gert-Big-Un:

I have a pair that I bought from Telemark Pyrenees a few years ago for ridiculously little. TP don't do them anymore but if you can find the size you want from one of the German webshops, that will be much easier than the US and messing around with import tax, VAT and the like.
Gert-Big-Un 29 Dec 2014
In reply to TobyA:

Cheers Toby, I'm looking into it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...