UKC

GoPro hero question

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
silo 28 Dec 2014
HI, I've just splash out on the new GoPro hero but when I try to upload on to FB it takes for ever! Is there something I am doing wrong? I haven't managed to put one on! thanks
 SteveD 28 Dec 2014
In reply to silo:

If that is movies in high def they can be very large, also you tend to have to convert them to another format to edit etc
silo 28 Dec 2014
In reply to SteveD:

Thanks I thought this might be the case.
 balmybaldwin 28 Dec 2014
In reply to silo:

Facebook isnt the best site for videos... the compression codecs take ages to process, and the quality is really poor. Much better to upload to you tube or vimeo and then link to it.

As others have said many of the settings on a gopro produce huge files, so look at lowering resolution and frame rates
 tom84 29 Dec 2014
In reply to silo:

also, make sure protune is switched off, its sort of like RAW video- very large files with lots of information for editing down later but will make uploading a much longer affair
 jsmcfarland 29 Dec 2014
In reply to silo:

realistically unless you are watching on a giant TV or something the higher quality options on the gopro aren't so useful. it kind of depends on what activity you are doing and what your expectations are. As others said uploading to youtube then linking it would be a better idea.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...