UKC

If I go down to the Peak today (tomorrow)...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ianstevens 29 Dec 2014

Looking at heading to the Peak tomorrow. Not to fussed about where, as long as there is some climbing to be done!

So who has been out and done what? Should I head out full of optimisim, or with a soft broom and some de-icer, or am I better off just staying in bed?

And because nobody has asked yet, is the downfall in?*

Also to add I have snowchains and car that can deal with snow, so access is a non-issue.

*I know it isn't and I want to go rock climbing.
Post edited at 15:32
 deepsoup 29 Dec 2014
In reply to ianstevens:

Froggatt could be worth a look apparently: http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=605533
OP ianstevens 29 Dec 2014
In reply to deepsoup:

Cheers, that thread passed me by! Having had a hunt around the logbooks there have been a few "ascents" (it's more sideways than up) of Big Air at Stanage, no doubt aided by snow.
 deepsoup 29 Dec 2014
In reply to ianstevens:
> Big Air at Stanage

"Little Air", I think, if it's in full snow-balling winter condition.

(Actually if it is, I might have to go and have a bash at it myself. The jump looks kinda sorta doable, but I'm never not going to be too chicken to try the rock-over otherwise.)

Some pics have just popped up on my facebook feed of a pal's afternoon out bouldering at Apparent North. Looks lovely, but flippin cold. Being a bit nesh, I'd be more inclined to head to somewhere more sheltered and sun-trappy if there's any wind forecast. Like Froggatt maybe, or Rivelin.
 cliff shasby 29 Dec 2014
In reply to ianstevens:

I tried to make it to stanage 2 days ago and thought i would be ok with my chains,but because the snow was fresh and fluffy and not compact at all, even with chains on i just wheelspun everywhere,it was like driving on slush although it didnt look like it,i wrecked one of my chains trying to get there !.
It will prob be clear now though..
OP ianstevens 29 Dec 2014
In reply to deepsoup:

> "Little Air", I think, if it's in full snow-balling winter condition.

> (Actually if it is, I might have to go and have a bash at it myself. The jump looks kinda sorta doable, but I'm never not going to be too chicken to try the rock-over otherwise.)

Same - might see you that way tomorrow if I can convince my buddies that they want to go to Stanage...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...